• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Team Draft - ODI edition

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hmm.. not sure if we should add any more. I want this to be a semi quick process and obviously the more people involved, the slower it'll take.

Sorry.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any more than 12 for the ODI version is overkill, plus its going to be too long between picks with more people.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The first 11 selected players make a great ODI XI -

Adam Gilchrist
Sanath Jayasuriya
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Michael Bevan
MS Dhoni
Wasim Akram
Richard Hadlee
Joel Garner
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

Probably we can keep Dhoni (or, maybe Hadlee) as the 12th man if a better batsman comes in the 12th pick...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You'd want Hadlee in....
Ya, I would prefer to keep Dhoni as the 12th man...But if someone thinks there are too many bowlers in the team compared to an ODI team, then one needs to keep a bowler as the 12th man...In that case, (in ODIs, not in tests) Hadlee seems to be the best suit (among the bowlers present in the team)...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I feel the color coding employed by Athlai (for Pakistan, South Africa and Australia) is the best...NUFAN should follow that...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm.. not sure if we should add any more. I want this to be a semi quick process and obviously the more people involved, the slower it'll take.

Sorry.
Ya, 14 is maximum...In fact, 11 or 12 would have been better...But more than 14! NO please...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I say keep the first 12 selectors in Teir 1, ie allowed to select any player. Any selectors joining up later could form Tier 2, ie allowed to select players from amongst only the associate nations. We don't want to dilute our game by giving these glory-seekers full ODI status.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

Sorry.
Thats fine, just thought I'd try my luck for a spot at the last minute. ;)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think we should employ a 24 hour time limit...That'll be fair to all parties involved...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yep - if you've put your hand up to join this one, that means you're online during this holiday period, so 24 hrs it should be.

HDS has just over 12 hours left...

ozone

First Class Debutant
Still can't believe a certain player has slipped through this far. I'm guessing it was him who was being reffered to earlier. Heres to him still being available in 17 picks. *fingers crossed*