• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great post from Matty Hayden's profile on the KFC Pulse Website

Bees

U19 12th Man
Great quote from Matty Hayden's profile on the KFC Pulse Website

http://play.pulselive.com/pulse/#game

"Don't get bitter, get better."

Love quotes but I've never heard that one.

Simply awesome, great motto to live by when things get rough, and also just for everyday life.

What other motivational / mental toughness quotes or sayings do you fellas like?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Too often in life we focus on things we think we can't do, instead of the things we can do".

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
"Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost." - Martina Navratilova

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." - Maureen Dowd

pup11

International Coach
Yeah players should think of making runs, taking wickets or scoring goals and keeping their philosophical bull**** to themselves, or maybe save them for their auto-biographies which they come up with when they retire.

pup11

International Coach
"Too often in life we focus on things we think we can't do, instead of the things we can do".
Ok that only works if you are capable of doing some good stuff in the first place, otherwise that could make one feel like a completely useless moron....:ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok that only works if you are capable of doing some good stuff in the first place, otherwise that could make one feel like a completely useless moron....:ph34r:
Everyone is capable of something of worth though.

For some, it's winning a Nobel Prize. For others, it's achieving something, albeit at a moderate level, which increases their sense of self worth.

For example, for the dickheads on here who post multiple :laugh: and :lol:s after every post, it's successfully dribbling onto the bib instead of the shirt their mum put them in that morning.

krkode

State Captain
I liked a quote by Sehwag featured on cricinfo the other day: "I don't believe in technique, I believe in performance."

Matt79

Global Moderator
His other quote, when asked why he didn't simply pad Warne away from outside leg, rather than trying to tonk him "In my batting, the pad has no place". :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Good quote, but I can't help but be reminded of Hayden's bitter comments to the media after the 2005 Ashes. I'm glad to see he appears to have had somewhat of a change of attitude.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TBH, Im not overly big on quotes but one I quite liked

"Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play" Mike Singletary

Last edited: