• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adelaide to host controversial first day-night Test

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sutherland said today on the radio it won't be happening next summer, as they'd have to get a good year of testing it out at FC level first.

Top_Cat

Not advocating doing this without proper scoping. I mean, we're all professionals here, right? Didn't think that even needed to be said.

BUT, none of the issues like the ball, as I said, should be an impediment to the idea. There are far too many people who would rather the idea just went away.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Read about Miandad opposing this idea on the basis of it being against the purity of the game. How ironic coming from a guy who was seldom given LBW at home.

Top_Cat

How exactly that is his disqualification?
Because he was apparently the beneficiary of partial home umpires. Stuff like that hastened the introduction of neutral umpires. It's a bit weird for Miandad to complain about undermining the purity of the game when that sort of stuff was going on. Whether he was complicit, I'm not sure, but he certainly never complained.

pup11

International Coach
Perfect, I will get home from work and I haven't missed much (oh and Pakistan will be playing Test cricket).
The other thing is, is Pakistan gonna agree to touring Australia given that Australia had said no to Pakistan tour earlier this year and hence the tour was postponed, and Australia are now expected to tour Pakistan in mid-2009 and its very possible that Australia might not been too keen touring Pakistan this time around either, so if Australia refuse to tour Pakistan in 2009 then there could be chance that Pakistan might too refuse to tour Australia.

susudear

Banned
No

Because he was apparently the beneficiary of partial home umpires. Stuff like that hastened the introduction of neutral umpires. It's a bit weird for Miandad to complain about undermining the purity of the game when that sort of stuff was going on. Whether he was complicit, I'm not sure, but he certainly never complained.
There is apparently no proof for the myth that Miandad was beneficiary of home umpires. And if yes, Miandad is at no fault because no batsman ever has walked for lbw. And that should be no disqualification for a person to comment on a game that he has contributed much.

Xuhaib

International Coach
There is apparently no proof for the myth that Miandad was beneficiary of home umpires. And if yes, Miandad is at no fault because no batsman ever has walked for lbw. And that should be no disqualification for a person to comment on a game that he has contributed much.
I don't think its a myth but i feel its overblown as well, he did had his share of good fortune from the local umpires but it was not as blatent as some seem to suggest.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Purity of the game - What does that mean ? I think this should be tried in domestic games first for at least one full season and if the signs are encouraging, Why Not.

I would love to be a part of Day/Night Test match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: at the will-it-won't-it.

Which idiot wrote something suggesting it was going to happen before anything whatsoever had actually been confirmed?