• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official "Shakib Love" thread

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shakib = A more fit Ramesh Powar. :ph34r:

Less weight also means there'll be fewer tremors when the hype dies and he comes crashing down to earth in due course.

*leaves thread*
Don't embarrass the next big thing by comparing him with a guy who earns his living by eating and bowling pies.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Don't embarrass the next big thing by comparing him with a guy who earns his living by eating and bowling pies.
I suppose it is a bit embarassing for Powar, but I don't think Shakib is mediocre enough to deserve that pie tribute.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

By the way.....Shakib is now amongst the top 10 ODI bowlers in the ICC's list as well. He is ranked at # 6 while Mashrafe Bin Mortaza is ranked at # 9 :)!!!!!

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've read a little about this guy and noticed some of his performances. How would you describe his batting and bowling? Is he really that good?

Precambrian

Banned
I've read a little about this guy and noticed some of his performances. How would you describe his batting and bowling? Is he really that good?
Have not seen him bowling that much to really comment, but hey his stats are all against top quality teams.

His batting is blessed with the typical Bangladeshi dash and fervour, plus a non-Bangladeshi commitment not to throw his wicket away. Composed yet not afraid to take on guys like Mendis and Murali.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Have not seen him bowling that much to really comment, but hey his stats are all against top quality teams.

His batting is blessed with the typical Bangladeshi dash and fervour, plus a non-Bangladeshi commitment not to throw his wicket away. Composed yet not afraid to take on guys like Mendis and Murali.
Thanks.

Graeme Smith is a worthy comparison to those two imho.
imho not.