• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are your favourite fielders?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeetan Patel is proving himself to be a pretty decent fielder for NZ. He's taken some pretty useful catches at point over the last couple of years; which is unusual for a bowler I'd say. Think how unco some spinners have been over the years - Tufnell and Such in particular.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeetan Patel is proving himself to be a pretty decent fielder for NZ. He's taken some pretty useful catches at point over the last couple of years; which is unusual for a bowler I'd say. Think how unco some spinners have been over the years - Tufnell and Such in particular.
Exactly who I was going to say my favourite fielder was. I like Jeetan's enthusiasm in the field as well as his fielding ability.

Uppercut

Love watching Symonds in the field. He misses absolutely nothing and has a ridiculously strong arm. Herschelle Gibbs was another, seemed to hit the stumps from backward point with every shy.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clive Lloyd in his pomp was a superb cover fielder no doubt the more memorable because of the relatively poor standard of fielding generally in his time

On a different tack Mark Ealham's dad, Alan, not the most mobile of fielders, but he had an extraordinarily fast and accurate throw from the outfield

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Neil McKenzie. Clearly didn't want to deprive the public of a Ponting masterclass. :ph34r:

Most of the better ones named, but Fred's slip catching is right up there and, as fast bowlers go, Jimmy A's fielding is superlative.

Uppercut

Neil McKenzie. Clearly didn't want to deprive the public of a Ponting masterclass. :ph34r:

Most of the better ones named, but Fred's slip catching is right up there and, as fast bowlers go, Jimmy A's fielding is superlative.
Colly too. Best fielder in the England team.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As a former quick, the fielders I always valued the most were slips.

Im not overly interested in athletic out fielding or cover fielding. Thats not where I needed quality. The most important and special fielder to me is the quality slipper.

Personaly I liked Hick at slip and Collingwood at gully or point.

FBU

International Debutant
I like de Villiers as he is one of the few fielders prepared to dive forward in the slips. So many times we hear ' oh the ball has just dropped short'.

Collingwood used to be an excellent fielder in ODIs but since he started playing Tests his fielding is not up to his usual standards.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Surprised Dwayne Bravo hasn't got a mention, brilliant in the field; quick athletic, and agile. I remember him taking one of the best caught and bowled catches i have ever seen.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Amongst outfielders, Agarkar is a pretty underrated outfielder. Deceptively quick and has taken a couple of amazing catches in the outfield; a couple of direct hits from the outfield were pretty spectacular.
Other than him, the usual suspects, Waugh, Ponting, Symonds, Jonty etc.