• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now, Monty's just been hit for six - has he got the guts to keep on tossing it up? That's my major worry at the moment, that's he so bloody scared of going for runs that he won't risk taking a hit in order to pick up a wickets.
Gayle uses the pace. Good cricket from him, using what everyone already knows about Monty.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Warne, because the opposition can't see him off like they have a chance of doing to Mcgrath.

In terms of effectiveness, Panesar's better without a doubt. He's done it before. Broad hasn't.

EDIT: LOL Monty. Jinxed.
If Broad is bowling badly, at least he might add something with the bat.

Plus, our best answer to McGrath (Flintoff) is a hell of a lot closer to world class than our best answer to Warne. So the team would gain more from Warne's inclusion than McGrath's.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Who would you rather have in your bowling lineup -

1) Warne and Broad or
2) McGrath and Panesar?

:ph34r:

I'm using this indirect method of comparing Broad and Panesar because if I were to compare them directly I'm sure some whiner would go "bUT theY doNt eVEn boWL simILar stUFf duDE!!1!1!"
Mcgrath and Panesar, hands down

Beleg

International Regular
this is some awesome test cricket. or was. broad and panesar are a major drop in quality

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha Gayle's such a gun. Played slow the whole innings, but just cbf crawling to 100 and decided to hit a couple of sixes to get himself closer.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ignoring the game situation.

This just ilustrates the problem with a 5 man attack. There just are not enough overs. You always have bowlers underutilized and twiddling their thumbs.

You always have he 5th bowler bowling who by definition isnt as good and takes overs away from the better bowlers.

5 bowlers are to many for 28-30 over sessions.

Evermind

International Debutant
Stuart Broad bowling at Manoj Prabhakar speeds.

And Chris Gayle looks like the Predator with the dreads!

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Mcgrath would be wise enough to set good fields for Panesar plus if the good Panesar turns up I can see it raining loads of cheap wickets.
If you're suggesting that McGrath is a better captain then Warne then I'm really confused? Warne is probably the best captain who never was.

Beleg

International Regular
the ball's keeping low....this is going to be a bitch.

well played gayle. amazing application.

time for marshall to make an impression.