• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now I know how people must feel when I rant incessantly about Bell. Give it a rest already, he's started well enough today.
Give what a rest? I didn't say anything bad about him. He's just been bad enough to qualify for swear word status.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Now I know how people must feel when I rant incessantly about Bell. Give it a rest already, he's started well enough today.
:laugh: in his first over not one ball was hitable. It was a complete waste of an over.

Lets lift our sights a little higher than calling this good

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
:laugh: in his first over not one ball was hitable. It was a complete waste of an over.

I didn't call it good, I called it well enough - or maybe that should have been better than yesterday.

It seems like England's strategy this morning is to strangle them and hope for mistakes, so at least that is consistent.

Evermind

International Debutant
Who would you rather have in your bowling lineup -

1) Warne and Broad or
2) McGrath and Panesar?

:ph34r:

I'm using this indirect method of comparing Broad and Panesar because if I were to compare them directly I'm sure some whiner would go "bUT theY doNt eVEn boWL simILar stUFf duDE!!1!1!"

Last edited:

Uppercut

It's not good bowling, but from England's point of view the game's not going anywhere. I'm not saying England should play for the draw, but they're in such a dire position that they'd be content to see the game drift.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Now, Monty's just been hit for six - has he got the guts to keep on tossing it up? That's my major worry at the moment, that's he so bloody scared of going for runs that he won't risk taking a hit in order to pick up a wickets.

Uppercut

Who would you rather have in your bowling lineup -

1) Warne and Broad or
2) McGrath and Panesar?

:ph34r:

I'm using this indirect method of comparing Broad and Panesar because if I were to compare them directly I'm sure some whiner would go "bUT theY doNt eVEn boWL simILar stUFf duDE!!1!1!"
Warne, because the opposition can't see him off like they have a chance of doing to Mcgrath.

In terms of effectiveness, Panesar's better without a doubt. He's done it before. Broad hasn't.

EDIT: LOL Monty. Jinxed.