• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Precambrian

Banned
No he has been AWFUL in the subcontinent and against ANYONE who plays spin competently, his record is boosted by tailenders and declaration charges. His bowling is a factor only occasionally, yet the team carry his useless fielding and batting around with them ALL of the time. Anyone who looks at his contribution as a whole can't fail to notice he should not be playing. Not only is his bowling toothless we then get Broad playing to make up for the lack of lower order batting, so then we have TWO toothless bowlers playing every game. For a side like England that isn't good enough.

I could say Mascarenhas is the most effective medium pacer England have had for many years, does that mean he should be an automatic pick in the Test side like that waste of space Panesar?

Oh and I didn't realise you were Australian Masterplan.
Even the great Warne struggled against players who could play it well. Not to mention Murali's ordinary record too. Too harsh on a fingerspinner when two of the greatest wrist spinners did struggle.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one knew that the pitch was going to take so much spin. So yes, at the toss he would have taken 5 wickets for 230odd easily.

When you choose to bat first on what appears to be a flat wicket, you can't be happy with such a score at stumps.
Yeah but I was asking if he'd have taken that if, hypothetically, he did know. Given how much was in the pitch, coupled with how well Benn bowled, they could have England all-out by now if a few things had gone their way.

The match is pretty evenly poised for my money, and it doesn't feel like it should be given how much the West Indies dominated the first two sessions.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just made the call, England to score over 400 and Broad to score big...

Prince your always good for a tip. :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was impressed by the way Fred toughed it out yesterday, looked Mickey Mouse and was beaten more times than I've had hot dinners recently but credit to him his still there. Hope he can push on tonight.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP becoming more English by the minute with his interview on TMS.

Going on about how he'd take 97, how he'd take 236-5 etc.

Sorry but that's a pathetic attitude. Damned sure Australia didn't dominate by going "Oh we're happy with throwing it away because we're above average"