• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If they pick Morton it will confirm what I have suspected for a long time..... that our selectors are suckers for punishment. He failed spectacularly on our last tour to England. Just because he scores big on postage stamp grounds in the Leeward Islands should not mean anything.

If they select someone like Morton and refuse to pick Barath because he is 'too young' I will 'do my nut' as they say in England.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No Morton from what I've heard. Nelon Pascal and Andrew Richardson get callups. Bernard Jr, Powell , Pollard, Rampaul and Richards in. Not sure about Deonarine. By weight of runs he should be in though.

roseboy64

Gayle
Ramdin
Devon Smith
Lendl Simmons
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Nash
Deonarine
Taylor
Edwards
Baker
Richardson
Pascal
Bernard jnr
Dale Richards
Sammy
Benn

Beamer

We are getting rid of the non-performers slowly but surely. Darren Powell is history thankfully, no more short wide four followed by verbals to put up with. The chief selector said they felt Devon Smith was 'on the verge of a major innings'. Never mind that he has stunk up the place in his career. Never mind that we have an 18 year old with 1600 FC runs at an average of 50 waiting in the wings. Apparently he 'isn't ready'. How many times do they need to see Smith reach 20/30 only to miss a straight one as soon as the spinner comes on?

Oh well, it is not as good as it could be but it is much better than our last squad to England that involved the likes of Runako Morton and Sylvester Joseph.

roseboy64

Agreed. Performance in the regional season has been rewarded but a few left out who've performed who could have been in. Probably Benn's last chance in Tests and Smith's last chance overall.

Beamer

The biggest positive is that they are actually trying other fast bowlers now. This will help us improve significantly, particularly in test cricket as Powell was so really holding back the side. I am particularly happy with the Richardson pick as we desperately need a hard working tall fast bowler to complement Taylor and Edwards.

Devon Smith is an out and out bad pick, while it is a bit of a travesty that Bernard gets picked after a decentish season even though he had failed miserably during the previous 3 years.