• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it too late at 20 years old to learn how to bowl spin?

Bees

U19 12th Man
Well, I don't play cricket... yet. :p

I have no talent in the physical realm though, unfort!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yeah if you're up for it i don't see why not. It's not like you've much chance of becoming an international-class leg-spinner, but if you want to do it don't let your age stop you.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Spin bowling is what people do when they are to old for golf :ph34r:

Anyone can bowl spin. Being good is a different story but you can easily learn to be ok at any age.

Jakester1288

International Regular
It's never too late mate, at least not until it's dangerous to your health or your dead!

Start practicing in the nets, and join a team, either this season or next. If you play lower grades, some stay there till up to 70, if their body lets them.

Look at some stuff on the net, and talk to a coach and other players, and practice as hard as you can.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no shortage of players who've become spinners (some having not even been bowlers) in their mid-20s and even 30s. And of course, anyone can bowl spin, but like bowling seam, getting good is a different matter entirely.

That said, if you actually wanted serious response (most of which hasn't been forthcoming here), CF rather than CC would be a better place for this thread.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
i dont think twenty is too late, people learn skills all the time, just like Broad and D. Bravo learning how to bowl at like 18 and 19.