• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tallest cricketers

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I have seen Garner, Ambrose and Cameron Cuffy bowling for WIndies, all of them around 6' 8".

Just thought who may be the tallest cricketer for each country to ever play international cricket.

For SL I know it's Michael Vandort who is 6' 5", and for Aussies most probably its Brett Dorey who is about tall as Ambrose.

Who are the tallest international cricketers that played for each country.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How tall is that Benn bloke playing for the WI at the moment? He'd be a contender.

Redbacks

International Captain
One good thing about English sports such as cricket and football, height isn't instantly a advantage over skill.

Xuhaib

International Coach
There is a left arm seamer who is the national acadamy who is thought of very highly by Aaqib Javaid the assistant coach and he suppose to be 7' 2". Have not seen him yet so cant give further details.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
How tall is that Benn bloke playing for the WI at the moment? He'd be a contender.
6'8. Surely the tallest spinner in international cricket history? The Sky TV commentators couldn't think of any other spinner who may be taller.

krkode

State Captain
I think the tallest player to ever play for India, which along with SL probably has the shortest average height, is Abey Kurruvilla at 6'7".

Other fairly tall people probably include Yuvraj, Laxman, Kumble - all strike me as fairly tall.

Well I have seen Garner, Ambrose and Cameron Cuffy bowling for WIndies, all of them around 6' 8".

Just thought who may be the tallest cricketer for each country to ever play international cricket.

For SL I know it's Michael Vandort who is 6' 5", and for Aussies most probably its Brett Dorey who is about tall as Ambrose.

Who are the tallest international cricketers that played for each country.
The tallest i saw was Garner.