• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England vs Pakistan, NatWest Challenge Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Oh come on - you cannot call him a definite pick based on 2 sets of bowling against very weak batting.
Well you call McGrath a certianty based on 2 innings against equally poor bowling...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From recent statements that I've read, it doesn't seem as though Fletcher is at all keen on recalling Thorpe, which is sad....for English cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Well you call McGrath a certianty based on 2 innings against equally poor bowling...
There's more places for batsmen, and other's aren't performing. All the bowlers have been bowling fairly well...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Robert Croft will NEVER play for England again...
If you can't take wickets for your county at a reasonable average (he still averages 31 in OD and 36 in 4D with the ball, 40+ in the last few years in FC), then you shouldn't even be considered for England. I'm still hoping Jason "Fish" Brown of Northants will find form again, he did rather well in the Twenty20 including a 5for :D

Cloete

International Captain
gr8 game for england. Solanki and TResco getting tonnes. solanki's was 106 off 108 balls. tresco's 114* came off 125 balls. Solanki got a deserving MOM. so i think that justifies his place somewhat. troughton got some runs, all be it 5 of them not out. good game for england and well played.