• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England vs Pakistan, NatWest Challenge Thread

Cloete

International Captain
The game(+ lead-up) starts in 40 minutes on Fox over here. but i'll have to go downstairs to watch it, cause dat's where cable is. it finishes at 3:30AM here:O . so i dunno if i'll watch it all. o btw i'm wearing my england shirt i won :D:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
I am not basing this on just this match they have strugeld to make much over 200 for quite a while now at ODI level.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm im not really attracted to this series at all, dont know why because i should be......

Seems like

Mediocre England (With all class players retired) vs. Mediocre Pakistan (with all class players dropped)

Oh well :(

Eclipse

International Debutant
England seem quite capable of getting early break throughs but they seem to strugle in the death overs somtimes. Same with there batting in some respects.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This may have been mentioned before and there's probably a very reasonable answer, but why is Razzaq batting at 9?

Latif averages 19podd (3 50's)
Mahmood averages 17podd (3 50's)
Razzaq averages 27podd (13 50's, 1 100)

I'm baffled by the logic.

Eclipse

International Debutant
ohhh!! hattrick to Anderson. this kid is really really deadly given the right conditions.

Andre

International Regular
He looks the goods at the moment Anderson, a real golden run.

And good luck to him, first pom to take an ODI hat-trick.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah he is a really potent bowler when he is getting the ball to swing.

I think the test will come on flat sub-contenent tracks were he is unlikley to get any swing and he may have to ajust his natrual attacking instinct in favor of line and length.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan is getting blown away...

The six over third man-ish area has now become a effective shot in ODIs to counter fast bowlers who stray a bit outside the off, after Sachin blasted Shoaib through that area in the world cup.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tresco MoM - superb knock.

I'd have gone for Anderson myself. First-ever English hat-trick in a ODI.

V Reddy

International Debutant
what a great knock by Trescothick.The old Trescothick is back. Also good bowling from Anderson and also crucial breakthroughs from Gough. Also Solanki has played well though he was lucky again. But he plays some great shots in between. But he looks a much more mature batsman now. Troughton failed but he was brilliant in the field. I hope they stick with him atleast till he gets a couple of matches against Zim. Great Performance from Eng and the batting was a pure joy to watch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Hmm im not really attracted to this series at all, dont know why because i should be......

Seems like

Mediocre England (With all class players retired) vs. Mediocre Pakistan (with all class players dropped)

Oh well :(
Oh well indeed.

It was a thoroughly superb performance - and well-watchable.
I didn't know that the English ODI players were going to play Twenty20.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I think Shoaib's efforts deserve a special mention! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the context of the Pakistani attack, he was one of the more economical bowlers.

To tell the truth, he could have had 4 wickets