• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McCullum moves to Canterbury

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I doubt Gareth will go to Otago. He moved from ND to settle in Canterbury. Also I don't think Canterbury will give him away too easily after he scored a centry in each innings of a match for them last year. McCullum could be on Black Caps duties alot and Papps doesn't keep in the longer form of the game so another keeper would be required.

However I think some of the younger guys like Andrew Ellis and Brondon Donkers could be in with a chance if they miss out on contract.

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
Peter McGlashan but he was loaned from Central Districts, and im not sure whether he is playing for Otago this season again or not.
I presume so because he got alot of game time for Otago whereas Central Districts currently have Bevan Griggs & NZ U19 keeper Ian Sandbrook so complications allround for Otago.
I guess at first class level both McGlashan & Hopkins are probably good enough to just be batsmen for Otago.
Are you saying they are not good batsmen or or Otago has a good batting line-up?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
im saying that they could play for Otago on their batting alone because as Tamara said Hopkins scored 2 consecutive centuries in 1 match last season so he's capable.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Please explain
Well, you know how all roads are supposed to lead to Rome?

They don't.

All roads seem to lead FROM Otago, at least as far as top NZ cricketers are concerned.

Must be downhill.

Andre

International Regular
I think player movement is part and parcel of the professional game - it's not such a bad thing, either, unless people leave from the ordinary sides to a star-studded one. This may be the only way they are noticed.

Anyway, I think that McCullum and Hopkins will eventually complete the swap - Hopkins is far too good to be playing grade cricket weekly, and I'd say he knows that.