• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** CW Betting Game

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay, the idea of this is that everyone starts with a set sum of money, then places it on cricket-related bets at odds quoted from a particular website (probably bet365, but that's up for discussion). The aim is to make as much profit as possible, the winner being whoever has the most money at the end of a given time period.

I'm just checking for interest at this stage, it's just an idea. If anyone has suggestions or improvements, i'd like to hear them.

I should also probably point out as a disclaimer that it's all just for fun and to give you a bit of interest in a few matches. Anyone up for it?

Simon

reckon the best way to do it would be say we have a winner every month for highest profit. Also think everyone should be given an equal ammount (say $200) every week that way if you lose in the first week you can keep playing during the month.

Just a thought.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I am definitely up for it.

Will we be able to bet for other things other than result such as leading run scorer, totals higher or lower.

I think using the same site is very important, maybe make a rule that you can't do live in play betting?

Really like the idea of a set amount each week what Simon suggested.

Uppercut

I am definitely up for it.

Will we be able to bet for other things other than result such as leading run scorer, totals higher or lower.

I think using the same site is very important, maybe make a rule that you can't do live in play betting?

Really like the idea of a set amount each week what Simon suggested.
In play betting would be a tough one to control, it's probably best not to do that. There's no way of telling when exactly someone decided that "Dravid to score more than 44.5 at 5/6" would be a good bet. Although it would work okay after close of play each day.

I'd like to let people bet on as many things as possible, brings a new level to the game rather than just have it as predicting the winner of matches.

The set amount each week, i'm not sure i understand it. Does every have $200 added to their balance once a week, or is it that everyone has $200 to use each week and their winnings accumulate?

Athlai

Not Terrible
In play betting would be a tough one to control, it's probably best not to do that. There's no way of telling when exactly someone decided that "Dravid to score more than 44.5 at 5/6" would be a good bet. Although it would work okay after close of play each day.

I'd like to let people bet on as many things as possible, brings a new level to the game rather than just have it as predicting the winner of matches.

The set amount each week, i'm not sure i understand it. Does every have $200 added to their balance once a week, or is it that everyone has $200 to use each week and their winnings accumulate?
$200 is a lot to my poor student funds.

Simon

Yeh lets say in week 1 you start with $200, you make a profit of $800 that week and in week 2 you then start with $1000 as you have had another $200 added.
This would work the same as if you lost all that $200 in week 1 and then it gets reset for week 2.

The other way of doing it would be to start with $200, win $800 and then bank them and start with $200 again for week 2 and your total winnings for the month calculated at the end rather than continuing.

Either way works.

Uppercut

Screenshot?
You could take a screenshot then post the bet here a few minutes later though. And i don't fancy checking up on everyone to see exactly what the situation was like at the time of the post, so it might be best just to leave that stuff out.

Could definitely bet during the lunch and tea breaks though.

morgieb

Are we betting with real money? If not, I'm in. If so, no, as 1. I'm not an adult & 2. I don't have much money.

Uppercut

Yeh lets say in week 1 you start with $200, you make a profit of $800 that week and in week 2 you then start with $1000 as you have had another $200 added.
This would work the same as if you lost all that $200 in week 1 and then it gets reset for week 2.

The other way of doing it would be to start with $200, win $800 and then bank them and start with $200 again for week 2 and your total winnings for the month calculated at the end rather than continuing.

Either way works.
That sounds good, yeah. What i'd like to do, though, is calculate a score for each person- say, $150 profit or $250 down, so they can see how much money they've made/lost. I'll probably end up using the method that makes figuring that out simplest.

Uppercut

Are we betting with real money? If not, I'm in. If so, no, as 1. I'm not an adult & 2. I don't have much money.
Haha, of course it's not real. Well, anyone can bet with real money if they really want to, but that's not the idea of the game. Thought my disclaimer made that clear :p