• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should India Continue Its Cricket Tour of Pakistan ?

Should India Continue the Cricket tour of Pakistan ?

• Total voters

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
I personally would want to see india play pakistan next year but at a neutral venue, definetly not in pakistan because the tensions between these two countries are really high. From a crickets prespective, the rivalry will be intense this time around.

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah, no point bickering over issues that has lasted for 50 years now. And let's keep sports away from politics, because they tend to have a sort of healing effect. Pakistani establishment or Pakistani common citizens are not responsible for the bloody stuff, and nothing is achieved by not playing against them. If the situation in Pakistan is not tenable, carry on the matches at a neutral avenue.

Craig

World Traveller
Does the Indian Government have any control over the BCCI? As in could the BCCI turn around to the Indian Government to 'GAGF we are going to Pakistan whether you like it or not'?

What would happen if they were told not to go, but they did?

adharcric

International Coach
Does the Indian Government have any control over the BCCI? As in could the BCCI turn around to the Indian Government to 'GAGF we are going to Pakistan whether you like it or not'?

Can't happen, the BCCI will never override the government.

biased indian

International Coach

wont happen never ...becuse half of the BCCI is goverment:cool:

and in any unlikely instance it did happen england will be in trouble.. there wont be any security cover for them :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If their security report says it is okay, they should go. If it doesn't, they should play somewhere neutral imo.

haroon510

International 12th Man
they should tour.. all i know is that pakistan has never been hazardous and dangerous for cricketers..in the past evidance has proven this..
even if they don't tour it is double standerd by BCCI.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is it possible for one team to arrive in Mumbai and indulge in mass murder, and have another team go and play cricket in the winter afternoon sun at Lahore, immediately after?" Gill told PTI.

If your Sports minister is making such comments then I doubt we will see cricket between the two teams.

btw tasteless stuff from Mr Gill.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it possible for one team to arrive in Mumbai and indulge in mass murder, and have another team go and play cricket in the winter afternoon sun at Lahore, immediately after?" Gill told PTI.

If your Sports minister is making such comments then I doubt we will see cricket between the two teams.

He seriously said that?! That's shocking. As if the Pakistani cricketers were involved.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, very poor indeed. Mind, as I understand it there's been some diabolical stuff various ministers have come out with in the India-Pakistan matter down the years, so perhaps it's no surprise.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Neutral venue is the most cynical option, IMHO.

Either Pakistan is generally a well-wisher of India, in which case it's security establishment is worth trusting and the benefits of cricket in normalizing relations worth the perceived or real risk (IMHO). From all accounts the first tour to Pakistan after a gap of many years was a memorable one and not only for the cricket.

Or Pakistan is not sure of it's priorities vis-a-vis India. In which case, there are some segments in that country have a very big death wish upon India and the majority may be either indifferent or unwilling to stand up to these segments or worst of all making excuses for them. In which case many things including cricket are pointless.

Before the Mumbai attacks, I was in the second bucket (ie play Pakistan in Pakistan). Now, I dont know what Pakistan really thinks and we probably wont know in the next 4 weeks. So postpone the tour until this aspect becomes clearer. (Indian government has laid a clear enough benchmark, again IMHO : extradite some of the Indian nationals wanted for criminal and terrorist attacks in India that have sought refuge in Pakistan).

Craig

World Traveller

Why I think some people's opinion shouldn't be aired in the media example: 12435324322

Precambrian

Banned
they should tour.. all i know is that pakistan has never been hazardous and dangerous for cricketers..in the past evidance has proven this..
:huh: PCB is surviving because of BCCI and Cricket Sri Lanka agreed to go there to participate in the Asia Cup.

Tasteless stuff from the Minister.

biased indian

International Coach
it has got nothing to do wiht the threat players have due to security concern

it has got everythng to do with the mood of the poeple in india.no body want to see india and pakistan having cricket battel rite now..think i wont want them to do it now...what you will tell the families of the 200 odd people who lost thier dear ones when the goverment has been accusing everything related to pakistan after the terror attack

Last edited: