• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri-City's season results

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Just wanted to encourage anyone browsing out here to check out the Tri-City CC website and see how our season's been going.... Three wins in a row lately..

TricityCricket.com

GO TRI-CITY!!!!!

Steve

Last edited:

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Craig,
Thanks for the reply.... but just to warn you, the game reports for the last three games are not posted yet, just the scores. As a result, you won't get to read about how yours truly was out for a duck in our last effort (lashed at a slow ball down the leg side, but got underneath it and popped out to the keeper THIRD ball!)!!!!! I guess I sort of made up for it with 3 wickets during their innings, but it was a quackin' embarassment, that's for sure.....

I hope to have the match reports posted in a few days.

Oooroo, mate.

Steve

PY

International Coach
Just a query Steve, why are so many of your games cancelled? You've had 4 cancelled out of 15....:( I'd go crazy if that much of my cricket was cancelled :)

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Well, one of the downsides to "friendly" cricket is that teams cancel on you.... The Haverford College game got cancelled because the Haverford boys rescheduled their challenge cup match with Penn to the same weekend as our game. Since their rivalry with a fellow college was more dear to their hearts than playing some strangers from upstate New York, they cancelled on us.
The next game vs Commonwealth was cancelled I believe because they could not get enough players to travel the 2.5 hours to our ground. That happens sometimes. People have commitments, and they can't make it.
The game vs. Scorpion was cancelled SUPPOSEDLY for the same reason, but I have a suspicion that after last year's shellacking (we beat them by 9 wickets, I believe) they decided that it was too long a drive (2 hours) to come for a beating! Of course, they just said they didn't have enough guys, but I'm willing to bet, they didn't have enough GOOD guys and ringers from other clubs. That also happens in friendly cricket. Players act as mercenaries, travelling around to whatever team needs them for the weekend.
The West Hill game was actually a rainout that I've incorrectly listed as cancelled. I should fix that. We've had a particularly wet spring here in the Northeastern United States, and it's wreaked havoc with our cricket schedule. The good thing is that our ground dries out fast.
Well, thanks for checking out our site, and I hope I didn't give you too much of an answer to your question. I TOO hate all this cancelled cricket, but it's the nature of the beast here. Now, if we can just get a league started.......

Ooorrooo..

Steve

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
OOOppsss, I meant " Cheers!".... Didn't notice you were from England.... I usually end with "hooroo" or some variant when corresponding with our cricketing brethren from down under....

Steve

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TriCitySteve said:
OOOppsss, I meant " Cheers!".... Didn't notice you were from England.... I usually end with "hooroo" or some variant when corresponding with our cricketing brethren from down under....

Steve
Perfectly reasonable mistake to make, although 'Oooorrroooo' is quite acceptable as far as PY is concerned. After all, we English enjoy a good night out - and an English night out with the cricket team usually has copious quantities of beer and a curry as a central theme.

A novice like PY will normally be seen later on , head bowed as if in prayer, chanting the mantra 'Oooooooorrrroooooeeeewwwwaaaaa' to the 'Porcelain God'.

I love the traditions of our glorious game.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TriCitySteve said:

<snip>
That also happens in friendly cricket. Players act as mercenaries, travelling around to whatever team needs them for the weekend.
<snip>
A bit like New Zealanders, then.

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Perfectly reasonable mistake to make, although 'Oooorrroooo' is quite acceptable as far as PY is concerned. After all, we English enjoy a good night out - and an English night out with the cricket team usually has copious quantities of beer and a curry as a central theme.

A novice like PY will normally be seen later on , head bowed as if in prayer, chanting the mantra 'Oooooooorrrroooooeeeewwwwaaaaa' to the 'Porcelain God'.

I love the traditions of our glorious game.
:lol: The 'Porcelain God' which is perched on the counter at my local Chinese restaurant as the Indian next door had just shut :O. ''Oooooooorrrroooooeeeewwwwaaaaa' translates to "Where the hell is my take-away? I ordered 30 seconds ago" :!(

Pete

P.S. The answer is fine and clear but not understandable!! 2 hours isn't that far really!! Must be bit disappointing :(

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
:lol: The 'Porcelain God' which is perched on the counter at my local Chinese restaurant as the Indian next door had just shut :O. ''Oooooooorrrroooooeeeewwwwaaaaa' translates to "Where the hell is my take-away? I ordered 30 seconds ago" :!(
A very good attempt at weaseling out, but one I anticipated beforehand. The precise translation of the verb 'To Oooooooorrrroooooeeeewwwwaaaaa' in this context is actually : "Where the hell is my take-away? I ate it 30 seconds ago. Oh, there it is." :D

We now return control of this thread to TriCitySteve.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
A bit like New Zealanders, then.
luckyeddie,

Have you been to New Zealand or has this happened a lot from your experiences?

So Steve you dont have a league, just clubs playing against each other? Shall I happen to be in the area, I might offer my services :D :cool2: 8D :saint:

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Craig,
Yes, for now at least, although many of the teams we play are from leagues around the Northeastern U.S. Many league teams like to play us early in the season and before playoffs to give them a chance to sharpen their skills. We have some excellent talent, and we usually give teams a tough go.

You're more than welcome to drop by if you're ever in the area and play with us. We're a very international club, so we would be happy to have someone from overseas come along. But you have to promise that when you get back home, you'll spread the word that there IS cricket being played in the U.S.

Steve

Craig

World Traveller
TriCitySteve said:
Craig,
Yes, for now at least, although many of the teams we play are from leagues around the Northeastern U.S. Many league teams like to play us early in the season and before playoffs to give them a chance to sharpen their skills. We have some excellent talent, and we usually give teams a tough go.

You're more than welcome to drop by if you're ever in the area and play with us. We're a very international club, so we would be happy to have someone from overseas come along. But you have to promise that when you get back home, you'll spread the word that there IS cricket being played in the U.S.

Steve
I dont need to. I am always maintaining that cricket is being played in America with 350 clubs and about 10,000 players.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Hey Steve...

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while....Real life intrudes I'm afraid.

Great to see things are going well for you and the club!

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Megan 8D :cool2: