• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Lewis charged with drug smuggling

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite intrigued by Rich's experience though. Why the awfulness?
I shouldn't really be talking about the thing on-forum TBH. "Don't talk about how you enjoy the odd bit of cocaine or where to buy a nuclear bomb on the black market" and all that.

Email me if you're really seriously interested, but I can't think why you would be. :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's "within reason"?

One man's (or, perhaps more accurately around here, woman's) reason is another's idiocy.

Frankly, I did E once, a good few years ago, on the "advice" of my girlfriend of the time, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life.
Haha, so you hate ecstacy? Would explain why you're a grumpy old fart :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, so you hate ecstacy? Would explain why you're a grumpy old fart :p
Not really. Plenty of non-grumpy types dislike the old e's.

Nor is ecstasy the only stuff I hate.

And YES, I GUESS THE ABOVE POST WAS PROBABLY A PUN ON ECSTASY = HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I shouldn't really be talking about the thing on-forum TBH. "Don't talk about how you enjoy the odd bit of cocaine or where to buy a nuclear bomb on the black market" and all that.

Email me if you're really seriously interested, but I can't think why you would be. :p
Haha, well "why experimenting with drugs was the stupidest thing i've ever done" doesn't really fall into the same category. It's just somewhat interesting because it's unique amongst the people i've spoken to (particularly in the case of that particular drug, there's a lot of 'yeah i enjoyed it but only tried it once, it's bad stuff, had to get off it' etc.) Stuff like LSD is the kind of thing people have horrific times with in my experience.

Anyway, i appreciate that i'm running it fine here and doing some major derailing, so i'll stop there. I'm sure i'll talk to you about it at some point :p

Perm

Not really. Plenty of non-grumpy types dislike the old e's.

Nor is ecstasy the only stuff I hate.

And YES, I GUESS THE ABOVE POST WAS PROBABLY A PUN ON ECSTASY = HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What exactly did you dislike about it? Just the fact you were doing a class A drug, or did you not like the feeling you got from taking it?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, heard the odd few bits and pieces about how common cocaine-taking is among cricketers.

Though TBF, it's ridiculously common among many types. I just cannot understand it. I made the decision at the age of 6 or 7 years old that I was never touching the stuff (or heroin, LSD, speed etc. either) and I've never wavered from that. Why anyone would want to is simply beyond me.
You ust have been a very responsible and knowledgeable child. Or in a seriously messed up neighbourhood to be faces with decisiobs like that at that age

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What exactly did you dislike about it? Just the fact you were doing a class A drug, or did you not like the feeling you got from taking it?
As I say - forum not really the best place to discuss this. Next time I appear on MSN when you're online, just remind me about it.

Perm

Disagree there are no reasons for drugs, plenty of excuses though.

(Not including medicine etc.)

Though I include alcohol in the no reasons but plenty of excuses category, and I drink so not really throwing eggs or anything here.
People who want to have fun take drugs. It's just on a different level of fun, like you can have fun without drinking, whereas a few beers generally makes things a bit more enjoyable, and drugs such as ecstacy, acid and weed makes things more enjoyable still.

Athlai

Not Terrible
People who want to have fun take drugs. It's just on a different level of fun, like you can have fun without drinking, whereas a few beers generally makes things a bit more enjoyable, and drugs such as ecstacy, acid and weed makes things more enjoyable still.
Mother's an alcoholic TBH. Hence my views on the subject.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't help but think you get this sentence a little jumbled? :unsure:

Makes it sound like the only way to have fun is to take drugs