• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strong Domestc Sides

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
btw if you feel so inclined, ask your dad about Yorkshire's 1960's side. I don't really know much about them beyond the facts I stated earlier, but I'm sure he could tell you a lot more. Looking at the card for the 1965 Gillette Cup Final, I was astonished to see an overall RR above 5 an over. I know that was the game when Boycott famously gave it some humpety, but in the context of 1965 I figured that meant about 4 an over absolutely max.
Dad's a bit young to remember that really - would've been 11 in '65 and being Lancastrian rather than Yorkshireman would probably have had more interest in the other side of the Pennines if any at that age.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Dad's a bit young to remember that really - would've been 11 in '65 and being Lancastrian rather than Yorkshireman would probably have had more interest in the other side of the Pennines if any at that age.
And now I feel really old ...