Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Chanderpaul or Dravid?

State Captain

Chanderpaul or Dravid?

I'd say Chanderpaul. Although Dravid has the better average, he never reached the peaks Chanderpaul has over the last two years in his career.

But Dravid will probably go down in history as the better batsman of the two. The reasons for this will probably be the fact that dravid will walk into the All-time Indian XI and Chanderpaul will struggle to get anywhere near the all time WI XI and the Indian hegemony in cricket journalism (same thing happens with a lot of Aussie and English cricketers as well).

So who do you think is better?

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Currently, Chanderpaul. Career, Dravid.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Currently, obviously any in form batsman would be better than Dravid. Career, Dravid.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yea you have to be more specific. Do you mean entire career or just last 2 years? Dravid would obviously be better career batsmen while any batsmen is better in the last 2 years than dravid
    ~ THE ONLY CARD I NEED IS THE ACE OF SPADES ~

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Current: , Career: Dravid.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Chanders is my spare God no contest
    LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

International Regular
    In the peak of his form, Dravid by a long shot. Currently though, it's so obvious that it is Chanderpaul who is the better batsmen.

U19 12th Man
    I prefer Chanderpaul at the peak of his powers. IMO, Chanderpaul's concentration is far better than Dravid's and in the next two years he will prove to be a far better player than Dravid, so there will be no need of comparison.While the naysayers will never accept Chanderpaul with his ugly technique, he will definitely go down as one of the finest West Indian players of this generation even when there was so little to celeberate.
    Last edited by analyst; 08-12-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Viv Richards-One Day Cricket is like Fast Food no one wants to cook.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst View Post
    I prefer Chanderpaul at the peak of his powers. IMO, Chanderpaul's concentration is far better than Dravid's and in the next two years he will prove to be a far better player than Dravid, so there will be no need of comparison.
    Think this is true, but until it happens one can't give any answer other than Dravid.

I prefer Chanderpaul at the peak of his powers. IMO, Chanderpaul's concentration is far better than Dravid's and in the next two years he will prove to be a far better player than Dravid, so there will be no need of comparison.While the naysayers will never accept Chanderpaul with his ugly technique, he will definitely go down as one of the finest West Indian players of this generation even when there was so little to celeberate.
    Chanderpaul is an awesome player, and I personally am a huge fan.
    But Dravid is simply stunning when he's in top form. His concentration is unmatched, his technique perfect and his calculations of match situations are that of a genius. He's a true legend of the game, don't let the last year of cricket influence your views. Remember, this has been Dravid's first ever loss of form since his debut. He's Mr. Dependable!

First post, btw. Hi!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddlesmack View Post
    Chanderpaul is an awesome player, and I personally am a huge fan.
    But Dravid is simply stunning when he's in top form. His concentration is unmatched, his technique perfect and his calculations of match situations are that of a genius. He's a true legend of the game, don't let the last year of cricket influence your views. Remember, this has been Dravid's first ever loss of form since his debut. He's Mr. Dependable!
    Was in pretty ordinary nick for most of 2000 and immediately before his 180-odd in 2001 against the Aussies, was possibly at risk of being dropped (any Indian fans confirm?). Aside from that, yeah he's been awfully consistent. I was there when he scored that great double ton against the Aussies in Adelaide, flawless. He even hooked a six to bring up his 100!

Welcome to the site, love the handle.

"Smack, smack, Paddlesmack! Gimme a smack and I'll smack ya back!"

IMO, Chanderpaul's concentration is far better than Dravid's
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Think this is true, but until it happens one can't give any answer other than Dravid.
    Huh? The man has five double centuries. How anyone can say, and someone else agree with, a statement that says Dravid has far less concentration than anyone is utterly beyond me.

Banned
    Most people are sadly making judgements of Dravid by the last 2 years form. Had they watched him in action prior to that, there'd been no comments regarding his concentration.

Overall, Dravid is the superior batsman.

Dravid is better then 99.9% of batsman playing cricket currently. He is easily the most techinichally sound batsman in the world.
    "I have seen God. He bats at number 4 for India" - Mathew Hayden

Nah, technically Tendulkar is superior. Defense doesn't mean technical superiority. Dravid has great defensive technique, and great patience and concentration. That comment about Dravid having far less concentration than someone else just raised some flags. I really want to know why or how anyone can think that if they've seen him. It's such an absurd thought that it doesn't make any sense to me. I'd love to hear an explanation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information