• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chanderpaul or Dravid?

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Dravid edges this by virtue of his willingness to open/wkeep when called upon. A team man who cared less for personal numbers and more for the team cause.
He even declared with a certain superstar short of his double. Yikes ! :blink:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasser Hussain > Matthew Hayden and Chaminda Vaas~ Glenn McGrath will take some topping
If we're still taking about lifting then I dare say Vaas has McGrath covered quite comfortably. Though using that metric the Nasser > Haydos just becomes even harder to comprehend

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Richard’s capacity for argument really was a wonder of the age
During my first few months in CW, Richard and Kazoholic (Ikki) used to have some long arguments going for many many pages on some ridiculous topics (e.g. if a random spinner from 1918 was better than Warne, if Gavin Larsen was a better ODI bowler than Waqar). Each such argument used to last many many pages and weeks - and used to contain very long multi-quoted posts from both. Now, Richard has hidden in a hole somewhere, and Ikki doesn't visit cc - and such arguments don't happen anymore. (not that I'm missing such arguments :p )

Jack1

International Debutant
Obviously both of them were painfully slow in limited overs. They weren't much quicker in tests either, but that's obviously irrelevant. In tests it's difficult to say. Both good players in tests, but wouldn't have played a game in their career in limited overs in current times. I'd be tempted to favour Dravid in tests as he batted higher and has a higher average.

Daemon

During my first few months in CW, Richard and Kazoholic (Ikki) used to have some long arguments going for many many pages on some ridiculous topics (e.g. if a random spinner from 1918 was better than Warne, if Gavin Larsen was a better ODI bowler than Waqar). Each such argument used to last many many pages and weeks - and used to contain very long multi-quoted posts from both. Now, Richard has hidden in a hole somewhere, and Ikki doesn't visit cc - and such arguments don't happen anymore. (not that I'm missing such arguments :p )
What's the Miyagi/TJB/Starfighter feud like in comparison?

trundler

I'd rather have SF and MM highjack a thread than Richard and Ikki, too. Sure their crap is repetitive but it's not nearly as long and senseless as those 2.

Burgey

Yeah, there are plenty of people who are on the spectrum and all that, but Richard was on such a level that he basically had one to himself.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, there are plenty of people who are on the spectrum and all that, but Richard was on such a level that he basically had one to himself.
I used to particularly enjoy his threats of physical violence towards me. Oh, how I laughed.