• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket team draft

pskov

International 12th Man
For some reason I can't edit either of my first two posts in this thread?

Those in so far:

pskov
Michaelf7777777
Matt79
Somerset
luffy
Raghav
Jamee999
Simon
G.I. Joe
morgieb

pskov

International 12th Man
Okay, so I think we'll close signups now as we have 14 players ready to go.
After using a random number generator, here is the draft order (their dice roll is next to their name for reference):

1. chaminda_00 985
2. G.I. Joe 835
3. NUFAN 803
4. HeathDavisSpeed 627
5. Somerset 510
6. Jakester1288 495
7. Jamee999 451
8. Raghav 327
9. luffy 304
10. Simon 263
11. Matt79 206
12. Michaelf7777777 174
13. morgieb 52
14. pskov 1

Yes, I rolled a 1 on a 1000 sided dice, but I guess it has to happen sometimes! :laugh:

chaminda_00 is now up and can select his first player whenever he is ready and then we are off.

The ground draft is in reverse order so I am up first in that, then morgieb and so on.

Good luck everyone. Discussion of players already selected is encouraged, indeed almost the whole point, but talking about players who are still available I consider poor form, even if you think some of them are fairly obvious.

If when making a pick you could write the round and pick number and player name in bold so that it is easy to identify (e.g. for the 5th pick of round two you would style it 2.5 A PLAYER). Also I will be making summaries on every page so we hopefully won't have any problems keeping track. It would be a lot easier if I could edit the first page but oh well.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
got a feeling this is going to take ages! reckon it could take a few months before we have full teams.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it will.

I am sure not to win this, having watched little cricket, and knowing a lot less players than everyone here.
It's all about interpretation anyways. There are no right or wrong selections, but yeah there are stupid selections I guess..

What I want to know is, where on earth to get a dice with 1000 different numbers on it.

Jakester1288

International Regular
The same could be said about Murali though as he'll be second pick.

Or will he? LOL
I would pick Warne ahead of Muralidaran in all honesty. What are these being judged on? Are they being simmed, or thread/s made about it and members vote for the best team?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would pick Warne ahead of Muralidaran in all honesty. What are these being judged on? Are they being simmed, or thread/s made about it and members vote for the best team?
Read the first post mate.

It says that there will be a vote by the forum members to pick the best lineup at the end and perhaps a SIM if someone decides to do it. It was just a joke the Murali as the obvious second choice. I actually have no idea who to pick for third place as by the time I get another vote 18 of the best players ever will have been selected already.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have no problem with Bradman being available, cant see Tharmi taking him anyway as the Don did turn his back on NSW to play for SA.