• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

P.J. Hughes - Messiah

Matt79

Global Moderator
It's official, Hughes is not only better than Ponting, he's breaking Bradman records. Future captain of Australia and 10,000 run Test player. Does anyone else want to join in and help the media heap further ridiculous hype on a player in his second year of FC cricket?

That said, it is exciting to see a young player earning such plaudits, and will be exciting to see him try his hand at the next level. People when Walters, Ponting, and dare one say it, Bradman, were coming through probably thought they were overhyped kids as well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've been calling for his test selection for over 12 months, I believe I trumped the media on this hype.

Also, he'll replace Hayden. Sorry Mr. Rogers, enjoy playing for Australia A until you're 36.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's official, Hughes is not only better than Ponting, he's breaking Bradman records. Future captain of Australia and 10,000 run Test player. Does anyone else want to join in and help the media heap further ridiculous hype on a player in his second year of FC cricket?

That said, it is exciting to see a young player earning such plaudits, and will be exciting to see him try his hand at the next level. People when Walters, Ponting, and dare one say it, Bradman, were coming through probably thought they were overhyped kids as well.
:beer:

But I should add - I fully expect this Phillip Hughes to be pretty damn good for a fair while. Seems he's doing a decent job of being it already, and merely has to keep it up.

Nonetheless, don't want to see him in a Test team any time in the immediate future, touring England next summer might damage him. (H)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I've been calling for his test selection for over 12 months, I believe I trumped the media on this hype.

Also, he'll replace Hayden. Sorry Mr. Rogers, enjoy playing for Australia A until you're 36.
Would like to point out I also jumped on smittehs slave drawn bandwagon.

Would certainly love to hear his take on the matter.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant

Very early to compare him with Bradman

inbox24

International Debutant
Hey guys

Hughes won't be the Messiah for Australia, just as Don Bradman or Ricky Ponting wasn't.

There is only one Messiah contrary to popular belief and he was J. Christ.

John 14:6; Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.