• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richardson vs. Atherton (Tests)

Who was better?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So Richard what do you consider was the best thing that happened in 2005?
Oh, there's just too many to count any one thing really. They all happened within a few months of each other though.

Here's a few:
Manageress sacked, hours at work more than doubled (March);
Can afford a new car, and get one - the car I've wanted ever since I touched a steering-wheel (April);
Visit a mate of mine at uni and have the absolute time of my life - "being a student" for a few days without having to do the "work" part of it (May);
Discover in full the brilliance of the nightclub I'd always suspected might be rather good (June);
Reconnect with my old best friend who I'd not seen for 3 years (June again);
Reconnect with the girl who I'd been so besotted with in year seven and year eight, who again I'd not seen for 3 years (July) (the above two were linked);
See the most exciting Test series I'm ever likely to see (July to September);
Get back with the girl of my dreams (September);
Be 19 and 20 years old, which I've never had any doubt are the two best ages to be (January to December).

And probably other things besides.

You see why I wish I could be located there forever? :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Atherton joined the Sky Sports Commentary team in 2005, interestingly.
I'm not sure he did. Hussain did in either 2004 or 2005, can't completely remember which, but Atherton (who'd been a member of the C4 team since 2002) I don't think joined until 2006.

I imagine he'd not have been permitted by his C4 contract to work for a direct rival.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2006>2005.

Richard said:
I think you'll find that 2006's figures were hugely flattered by the era in which it occured. If one is to remove the five-best-bits of 2006, it will be clear to see that it lacked the consistency of 2005 and therefore cannot be classified in the same league. Thinking 2006 is better than 2005 is a clear sign that the person knows nothing about cricket.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that the poll results have Richardson ahead more than 2 to 1 currently, even if you remove the English & New Zealand posters.