• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you like these sort of tracks in international cricket

More batting minefields in test matches

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes please. Even if its a 'bad' pitch with no bounce and a pitch that doesn't last a day and a half. Few broken ribs are worth it. Easy to say when its not my ribs, but from the perspective of a fan, I love those games.

Same here. If cricket can have pitches where teams score 600, surely you need a couple of pitches where they score 80. The best thing about cricket is the variety of pitches. People say the 'ideal' pitch is one that suits pace bowlers early, then settles down, then suits the spinners. All that is fine, but if every pitch was like that, it'd be stupid. Variety = good.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ethically, no. From a spectator watching the game point of view, yes please.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would you like these sort of tracks in international cricket?

The last time I witnessed such a scorecard in Int cricket was Ind-Aus Mumbai 2004 but that was more a spinners track but this seemed like a pace bowler paradise.

So would you like to see test matches played on such type of tpitches
I'd prefer a game like that to a 600-plays-480 game, but I only want to see matches like that in a very small minority.

Ideally the sort of pitch I like to see is ones where something between 200 and 300 is a good score.

Natman20

International Debutant
My preferred game would be:

First innings 400/10 - quite exciting because of wickets fallen, someone makes a century.

Second Innings 340/10 - oooh it's sorta close

Third Innings 270/10 - maybe an opportunity for the win?

Fourth innings 331/2 - yay NZ wins :laugh:

krkode

State Captain
What I find surprising from that is Debashish Mohanty's first class bowling average of 20! :ph34r:

But while I think that's a little extreme, I don't think every match should be a 4.0+ RPO, 500+ on both sides festival of bowler-bashing. Those are equally ridiculous, IMO.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a bit extreme, but flat pitches are the scourge of the ****ing earth so i'll take it.

Top_Cat

What's really funny is I remember when Steve Waugh first took over, there was a flurry of articles about how 3-day Tests where one side demolishes the other or there was a dodgy deck were killing the game. Yet they were always well-attended on a per-day basis but because they were over in 3 days, CA lost ticket money overall.

So since then we've had a glut of flat pitches stretching Tests into late 4th/5th day and we're seeing them pretty poorly attended yet LO matches are sell-outs.

Contrived contests are boring. Variation in pitches would be a nice change because we've seen nothing but flat decks for ages.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not for every match, no. Ideally each series should have one of these for the bowlers, 1 flatter one for the batsmen, and one inbetween the two. That would be perfect (2x of any of them for longer series).

morgieb

Ideally you'd want a bit of both, but that sort of pitch is better than flat wickets. Entertainment value > More Money.

Uppercut

Not for every match, no. Ideally each series should have one of these for the bowlers, 1 flatter one for the batsmen, and one inbetween the two. That would be perfect (2x of any of them for longer series).
Would prefer in-betweens for them all, if we're being really picky. In fact you know what, just play every test ever at Old Trafford.