• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland annihilate Zimbabwe

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Zimbabwe 182 all out (49.5 overs)
DD Ebrahim 52, S Matsikenyeri 50, T Taibu 35, TJ Friend 22
GJ Neely 3/30, PJK Mooney 2/19

Ireland 183-0 (33.4 overs)
JAM Molins 107*, AC Bray 67*

What is there to say that the scorecard (http://uk.cricinfo.com//link_to_dat..._IN_ENG/SCORECARDS/ZIM_IRELAND_13JUN2003.html) doesn't?
Yep I was rather shocked to say the least when Bazza (I think) told me the scores.

My first question was who did they have a guest player (like they have had Waugh etc in the past) and asumed they must have done the bulk of the scoring, but to my suprise the guest was a unknown (to me anyway) and he didn't even get to bat!

Not to lose a wicket and go at a remarkable 5.5 an over was some effort and who knows, maybe they will think themselves worthy of joining Scotland in the NCL next season :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Zimbabwe 182 all out (49.5 overs)
DD Ebrahim 52, S Matsikenyeri 50, T Taibu 35, TJ Friend 22
GJ Neely 3/30, PJK Mooney 2/19
159 runs scored between 4 batsmen...23 runs between the rest and extras (?).....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Zimbabwe have totally lost the plot on this tour...what with poor results on the field aswell as bad behaviour off the field they're definately heading towards being on par with Bangladesh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Ireland annihilate Zimbabwe

Rich2001 said:

Not to lose a wicket and go at a remarkable 5.5 an over was some effort and who knows, maybe they will think themselves worthy of joining Scotland in the NCL next season :lol:
One of the players said that I think.

Why not I say, make it 2 divisions of 10!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Is it Denmark who also play in the C&G?

Maybe expenses would be too high for the likes of Holland and Denmark? Still would be good to see Ireland in there at least, especially as Scotland have hardly been whipping boys (and that's before Dravid arrived).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
Well Zimbabwe have totally lost the plot on this tour...what with poor results on the field aswell as bad behaviour off the field they're definately heading towards being on par with Bangladesh.
Nah they will never be that bad....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
On the subject of Holland, did anyone see much of this Dutch guy who's playing for Essex?

Ten Doschate or something like that?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
On the subject of Holland, did anyone see much of this Dutch guy who's playing for Essex?

Ten Doschate or something like that?
'Dutch' as in Michael 'Welsh' Kasprowicz? Yes, he looked very good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ceefax said that he was Dutch :P

I just wondered why he wasn't in the Holland squad for the World Cup

(Checks Cricinfo)

Ahh, South African. Never trust the BBC :P