• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think Bangladesh should play Tests??

satheeshv37

Cricket Spectator
I think ICC should suspend Bangladesh from playing Tests, because they don't have that quality, they are playing since a long ting they didn't able to win at least one test match. What do you say? :laugh: :laugh: 8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
They're getting a lot better at home they really should have never been given Test status at that stage of their development. To stop now would only harm cricket there though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
One test series a year (2-3 in length) with them touring Domestic comps around the world forthe rest of it.

Storer

School Boy/Girl Captain
This thread is just stupid. Of course they should continue playing tests, and continue to be a cricketing nation.

NZTailender

This thread is just stupid. Of course they should continue playing tests, and continue to be a cricketing nation.
Haha, you're clearly not aware of a hypothetical situation, nor intelligent discussion in regards to the quality of Test cricket and whether or not Bangladesh is good enough.

cricman

International 12th Man
Being a Bangladeshi Supporter, I think Home Tests and the only Away Tests we should play is in Sub-Continent and in the West Indies. Would be a good solution

If you plan to feed us to South Africa, England or Australia than give us 3-5 real FC matches which is about 5-6 weeks of of preparation to get used to the conditions, take the England tour a few years back they got better as they got more matches in.

In our Last Home Tests we've Pushed Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka

Precambrian

Banned
Being a Bangladeshi Supporter, I think Home Tests and the only Away Tests we should play is in Sub-Continent and in the West Indies. Would be a good solution

If you plan to feed us to South Africa, England or Australia than give us 3-5 real FC matches which is about 5-6 weeks of of preparation to get used to the conditions, take the England tour a few years back they got better as they got more matches in.

In our Last Home Tests we've Pushed Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka
Mere push is not enough. They have to win it, atleast draw some.

Storer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haha, you're clearly not aware of a hypothetical situation, nor intelligent discussion in regards to the quality of Test cricket and whether or not Bangladesh is good enough.
Australia have hit a s*** patch as well. Zimbabwe were bowled all out for 67 recently.

NZTailender

Australia have hit a s*** patch as well. Zimbabwe were bowled all out for 67 recently.
And Zimbabwe have banned themselves for playing Tests.

You really can't see the point in discussing this? You have no imagination?

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Yes IMO think they definitely deserve to be there. They have challenged many touring teams at home, like South Africa and New Zealand recently.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bangladesh don't and never have merited Test status. It does no-one any good - Bangladesh gain nothing out of being thrashed, no-one gains anything out of thrashing them, and it devalues Test cricket. Only twice before has Test cricket had such a weak team - South Africa 1888/89-1902/03 and New Zealand 1928/29-1959. Neither of these sides played anywhere near as often as Bangladesh have and thus devalued the game far less. However, Test cricket would be much best if all games involving these sides were retrospectively downgraded from Test status.

Bangladesh would and always have been much best-served playing domestic cricket in strong domestic comps and\or A-teams. In First-Class but not Test classed matches.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Every year the ICC Intercontinental Trophy should determine the Test nation for the calander year.

It would lead to professional squads at the Associate level, raise their standard, and force any team that gets Test cricket to earn it on merit but not on a permenant basis.

So there would be the top 8 teams and then

Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Ireland
Scotland
Namibia

The bottom team would get religated and teams like Bermuda, UAE, Netherlands, Denmark, Canada etc would compete to get into the top division.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh don't and never have merited Test status. It does no-one any good - Bangladesh gain nothing out of being thrashed, no-one gains anything out of thrashing them, and it devalues Test cricket. Only twice before has Test cricket had such a weak team - South Africa 1888/89-1902/03 and New Zealand 1928/29-1959. Neither of these sides played anywhere near as often as Bangladesh have and thus devalued the game far less. However, Test cricket would be much best if all games involving these sides were retrospectively downgraded from Test status.

Bangladesh would and always have been much best-served playing domestic cricket in strong domestic comps and\or A-teams. In First-Class but not Test classed matches.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have no problem with them having test status, but for them to be a part of the ICC's glorious five-year plan is madness. Them having their arses handed to them on a regular basis serves no sporting or financial purpose.

I didn't see too much of the recent test in SA, but on the brief times I did tune in the crowd was very much of the "two men and a dog" variety. Even by South African standards, where test crowds often aren't as big as one might imagine.

Give them, say, two or three home tests a year and gradually incorporate them as and when the results dictate.

With the IPL now a fixture (and, dare one say it, a better product than tests involving Bangladesh) space in the calendar must be found. Removing of Bangladesh from the future tours schedule would free up a fair bit of space.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Every year the ICC Intercontinental Trophy should determine the Test nation for the calander year.

It would lead to professional squads at the Associate level, raise their standard, and force any team that gets Test cricket to earn it on merit but not on a permenant basis.

So there would be the top 8 teams and then

Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Ireland
Scotland
Namibia

The bottom team would get religated and teams like Bermuda, UAE, Netherlands, Denmark, Canada etc would compete to get into the top division.

I like this idea you know