• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Twenty20

Who will win?

• Total voters

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
so the champions leauge is coming up should be a good watch.

Im still not sure who will come out with it but my bets on Victoria or Rajasthan. what do you guys think?

Victoria yet to lose a 20/20 game yeh? they have a decent team nicely balanced.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wouldn't go so far as to say I 'care', but I am interested. And certainly, it'll be watched by many millions in India, as IPL was (for the record, IPL got seven times as many viewers as the India-Australia Test series).

I'm picking Victoria, their T20 record seems exceptional. As for who I'll be rooting for? Not sure yet. Maybe Middlesex. Great thing about this is that you can pick a club you like, you aren't pretty much obligated to root for a country.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Yea Its not really about caring per se just that i think it should be pretty interesting and maybe a bit exciting with warne and dhoni and this excellent Victorian side.

brockley

International Captain
No albie morkel for chennai injured as so is jacob oram.
Vics for me.
Also no dhoni for the final.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone seen a Rajasthan squad? Just wondering if Shane Watson is going to be playing, or if he's going to have to play the FR cup match for Queensland instead.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I am the total opposite of Silentstriker. I am very very much interested in the tournament, and, to be honest, I'll be laying Victoria at the start of it. I just don't think they are the same as what they were when they won the the Big Bash last year. I also think that even though WA haven't shown it so far this year, they have improved the facets of their game that will show in Twenty20. It wouldn't even surprise me if they have been practicing for it. I think if WA don't beat them, they will be done by someone else. Value lay at the start of the tournament anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wouldn't go so far as to say I 'care', but I am interested. And certainly, it'll be watched by many millions in India, as IPL was (for the record, IPL got seven times as many viewers as the India-Australia Test series).

I'm picking Victoria, their T20 record seems exceptional. As for who I'll be rooting for? Not sure yet. Maybe Middlesex. Great thing about this is that you can pick a club you like, you aren't pretty much obligated to root for a country.
I'm supporting Middlesex purely because they are English tbh. Would back most of the counties in this.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Do me a favour Mr. GNR loving **** and tell everyone who disagrees with me that they're dire.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
20/20 = bad
See this is what I don't like. I loved my IPL, because it was gun. I loved Big Bash before that, because it was gun. I'm gonna love the Champions League, because it will be gun. This twenty20 **** has its place in cricket, it just does. It doesn't need to hurt anyt other form of cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
See this is what I don't like. I loved my IPL, because it was gun. I loved Big Bash before that, because it was gun. I'm gonna love the Champions League, because it will be gun. This twenty20 **** has its place in cricket, it just does. It doesn't need to hurt anyt other form of cricket.
More importantly, there are plenty of threads where such disgust can be expressed, I don't see the point of saying it in these threads

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I am the total opposite of Silentstriker. I am very very much interested in the tournament, and, to be honest, I'll be laying Victoria at the start of it. I just don't think they are the same as what they were when they won the the Big Bash last year. I also think that even though WA haven't shown it so far this year, they have improved the facets of their game that will show in Twenty20. It wouldn't even surprise me if they have been practicing for it. I think if WA don't beat them, they will be done by someone else. Value lay at the start of the tournament anyway.
Vics have probably a better squad than last years big bash team.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Vics have probably a better squad than last years big bash team.
And so far today you've made the fact that you'll disagree with anything I say clear. Vics basically can't have a better squad unless they name Cam White, which I'm fairly sure is against the rules of it anyway. Anything else?

brockley

International Captain
S fleming i don't think the team you posted would win any T20 games anyway :laugh: .
Better pick a new team next time:sleep:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This twenty20 **** has its place in cricket, it just does. It doesn't need to hurt anyt other form of cricket.
I agree it has it's place, but I'm worried about so many predictions that it is going to bring about the end of 50-over cricket, which I've always absolutely loved.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rajasthan for me. So long as they have Watto available, they won't be missing many important players and despite not having the strongest team they know exactly how to win at T20.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm supporting Middlesex purely because they are English tbh. Would back most of the counties in this.
Well, to each their own. I've no problems with that. I simply don't feel any particular attachment to any side as I don't really see them as 'Indian' sides - they're just clubs. If Delhi was playing here, I'd support them due to McGrath, for example.

Right now, I had a look at the Middlesex squad, and I think I'll be rooting for them. It's sort of liberating, not being bound by nationalistic considerations.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Rajasthan for me. So long as they have Watto available, they won't be missing many important players and despite not having the strongest team they know exactly how to win at T20.
I don't know if Watson is available... there is a Queensland one-day match on 3rd December. Mind you, Hayden seems to be available... although that is different in the sense that he rarely plays for Queensland, I would imagine it's the same situation contractually.