• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Tasmania be a part of New Zealand?

irfan

State Captain
I reckon to even things up a bit in the cricket, we should give New Zealand Tasmania. I mean lets face it who would really care if Tasmania floated away and became geographically closer to New Zealand :ph34r: . It's obvious a few fervent Australian supporters don't like Tasmania's favourite son (Ponting) and have called for his sacking, while NZ could do with top order batting talents like Dighton, Di Venuto and Dan Marsh who would never get a chance for Aussie currently. Hilfenhaus would further boost their swinging stocks.

It's time we disown the Apple Isle which, let's face it, is only remembered for some crazy guy going on a killing spree. The only hitch I could see to this plan is the new 'New Zealand' lineup will consist of several guys with the same surnames :ph34r: which could lead to constant confusion amongst inept commentators .

irfan

State Captain
Who says we want Tasmania?
The OP is tongue-in-cheek obviously but surely Dighton >>>> Redmond, Ponting >>> any NZ batsman, Marsh >>> Elliot - so I don't see why you wouldn't like to the services of any of these batsman if possible.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The OP is tongue-in-cheek obviously but surely Dighton >>>> Redmond, Ponting >>> any NZ batsman, Marsh >>> Elliot - so I don't see why you wouldn't like to the services of any of these batsman if possible.
I know it is tongue and cheek,

But I'd rather see NZers playing for NZ. :)

....even if Elliott is South African. :ph34r:
Want him dropped from the test team, for the record.

brockley

International Captain
I'd like to see a tasmanian 2nd xl side in the NZ comp,they are close enough to have a side.It would be competitive.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd like to see a tasmanian 2nd xl side in the NZ comp,they are close enough to have a side.It would be competitive.
Why would we want to help Tasmania, who are part of Australia? (provided Irfan is in no position of power in the ICC.:ph34r: )

And I can't see it happening either btw. Hell if we had Ponting, Marsh and co. Aussie would have been toast at the Gabba. :p

Not that I want them, we're going to go on for good or bad as our current nation.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Go **** yourselves, arrogant Aussies on this thread. This superiority complex is so ****ing tiring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting, until the post before this one 3 Aussies have posted on this thread... 2 of whom support India in cricket.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Ok well for a start I have followed the Tassie Tigers for the last couple of years. They are a pretty good well balanced team IMO. Their population base is pretty small but they still have some great cricketers BUT I would like to see them play against NZ rather than join them. :laugh: