• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fixtures

December 2008

Fri 5 - Sun 7
10:30 local Auckland v West Indians
Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland

Thu 11 - Mon 15
12:00 local 1st Test - New Zealand v West Indies
University Oval, Dunedin

Fri 19 - Tue 23
12:00 local 2nd Test - New Zealand v West Indies
McLean Park, Napier

Fri 26
17:00 local 1st Twenty20 International - New Zealand v West Indies
Eden Park, Auckland

Sun 28
17:00 local 2nd Twenty20 International - New Zealand v West Indies
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Wed 31
12:00 local 1st ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Queenstown Events Centre

January 2009

Sat 3
14:00 local 2nd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Wed 7
14:00 local 3rd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Sat 10
12:00 local 4th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Eden Park, Auckland

Tue 13
12:00 local 5th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
McLean Park, Napier

Athlai

Not Terrible
Looks like Oram is out, fractured his finger today. Should be out for the next 4-5 weeks.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Shall we start a collection to have Elliott beaten up so he's out of the Test series but returns juuuuust in time for the one dayers?

NZTailender

No, neither would I. His impressive stats will probably gradually morph into something similar to Harris's.

NZTailender

I wonder when Franklin will make his test comeback...Still probably the Indian series.
How many FC matches between now and the first Windies test?

Just finding this out now on Cricinfo, and there's an article where Franklin says he wants to make a comeback as a genuine all-rounder and not a bowling all-rounder. It gives me mixed feelings :(

And I think it's 2 matches before the first test. We all know he's a skilled bowler, so it's not all a matter of formIMO but whether or not he feels fit enough to play Test cricket.
If so, get him in the side. Can't see him conceding 0/100 and bowling woefully for the next few weeks.

Flem274*

123/5
Give Jimmy some swing and he'll be lethal.

I like the idea of Jimmy being a proper allrounder in some ways because then we won't have to place his case for selection against the other bowlers who are doing a mighty fine job atm. The flipside is Oram has massive competition and he may just quit the bowling in order to make a claim in the batting, though in saying that the only way he'd get into the side if the current lot have success is if he remodels himself as an opener, and with his current technique and short ball weaknesses that will take a season or so to get himself in the right mould, and even then there are no certainties.

Predict bowling to dominate this series. Theb atsmen will have their moments with one or two firing consistently but I like the look of both sides bowling wise atm.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Should be a very tight contest.

Chanderpaul the key, I wonder if he'll do a Sangakarra from a few seasons back and dominate?

Craig

World Traveller
Two Tests once again, lets just give up the ghost and just play ODI and T20 only from now, it is pretty obviously Test cricket does not rate for the NZC :dry:

Pointless rant aside, New Zealand to clean up in the Tests and ODIs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Edwards and Taylor to do well, otherwise I expect mediocrity with the ball from WI. Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Gayle and Bravo could all potentially score quite heavily against us, but in our defense thus far we have done pretty well in bowling out better batting teams to reasonable totals.

Rossco should carve up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He was playing in WI domestic stuff though. hmm.
West Indian test squad...
Chris Gayle (capt), Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lionel Baker, Carlton Baugh, Sulieman Benn, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Fidel Edwards, Leon Johnson, Xavier Marshall, Brendan Nash, Daren Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kemar Roach, Jerome Taylor.

You sure that isn't Bravo's younger brother (Darren) playing?