• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

James

Cricket Web Owner
But Ryder and Franklin had blocked out 4 or 5 overs by that point. Realistically, the target was about 90 off 15 overs and they should have gone for it. NZ would have lost nothing other than the game. A draw costs them as nearly as much and there was plenty of batting to come.
Thought that was the case, and I agree with you 110%.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah we should win the ODI series due to the lack of depth in the West Indian attack. Edwards and Taylor are world beaters in their own rights but other than that and it is a mediocre attack for 60% of the time.

sammy2

Banned
Yeah we should win the ODI series due to the lack of depth in the West Indian attack. Edwards and Taylor are world beaters in their own rights but other than that and it is a mediocre attack for 60% of the time.
lol.

:laugh:

:laugh: @NZ fastest bowler going at 78mph.

8-)

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Predicitons for ODI series ?

I'll say New Zealand win.
never, Windies will have it, or at least it will be tightly contested, Gayle and Marshall (if Marshall opens) will be arguably more explosive at top of the order, than McCullum and Ryder, especially if there is no swing around. Furthermore, our middle order is probobly better than yours - Sarwan, Chanders Pollard and Marshall (if he doesn't open) are better than How, Styris, Taylor and Elliot.

Regarding bowling you guys just might have a stronger line up, although i am not sure who will bowl for you.

Taylor>Southee

Edwards>Mills

Miller<<<Patel

Powell<<<<Vetorri

and you guys have some decent all-rounders who will bowl and all we have is Gayle and maybe a bit of Pollard, seeing as though there is no Bravo.

Durham_CCC

School Boy/Girl Captain
never, Windies will have it, or at least it will be tightly contested, Gayle and Marshall (if Marshall opens) will be arguably more explosive at top of the order, than McCullum and Ryder, especially if there is no swing around. Furthermore, our middle order is probobly better than yours - Sarwan, Chanders Pollard and Marshall (if he doesn't open) are better than How, Styris, Taylor and Elliot.

Regarding bowling you guys just might have a stronger line up, although i am not sure who will bowl for you.

Taylor>Southee

Edwards>Mills

Miller<<<Patel

Powell<<<<Vetorri

and you guys have some decent all-rounders who will bowl and all we have is Gayle and maybe a bit of Pollard, seeing as though there is no Bravo.
Some good points their, but I think it will come down to who uses the powerplays better.

Vettori will be key for Zealand, if him and Patel can get going in together, I think it will be very interesting.

sammy2

Banned
Powell bowls better in one dayers than he does in test cricket. I don't know why, but he does. I think in the future he might just end up only playing ODIs.

WI has had really low confidence recently, because the team is hardly plays at full strenght/potential.

Imagine how the test series would be different if sarwan made runs, and bravo was in the team. :laugh:

WI is held off NZ with only 2 players in each match, there is no samuels in team etc.

Just give the WI time to build, I hope they get to play at full strenght before chanderpaul stops playing. I know they can beat any team in the world.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
You think Mills is better than Edwards???

Edwards might spray it around but will definitely get wickets, NZ batsman look like they are scared of pace and balls flying at their head at 150kmph.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Powell bowls better in one dayers than he does in test cricket. I don't know why, but he does. I think in the future he might just end up only playing ODIs.

WI has had really low confidence recently, because the team is hardly plays at full strenght/potential.

Imagine how the test series would be different if sarwan made runs, and bravo was in the team. :laugh:

WI is held off NZ with only 2 players in each match, there is no samuels in team etc.

Just give the WI time to build, I hope they get to play at full strenght before chanderpaul stops playing. I know they can beat any team in the world.
Always thought this but dont really ever get back up. There is some talent there, maybe not good enough to beat the top 3 (India, the Aussies and SA) but definitely will have a close ODI series against NZ and I predict that Windies will give England a lot more trouble than they would have thought, with Bravo coming back and a good star found in Nash.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You think Mills is better than Edwards???

Edwards might spray it around but will definitely get wickets, NZ batsman look like they are scared of pace and balls flying at their head at 150kmph.
In ODIs, certainly. Mills is the fifth-ranked ODI bowler in the world. Edwards is 49th, ftr.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
How Mills got there is staggering but anyway, Edwards is looking good now and Mills is looking non-existant. Despite Mills' good ODI record I think Edwards will have more success in the series, like I said NZ batsman dont like his pace.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
How Mills got there is staggering but anyway, Edwards is looking good now and Mills is looking non-existant. Despite Mills' good ODI record I think Edwards will have more success in the series, like I said NZ batsman dont like his pace.
Yeah. Doing well is a pretty crazy way to move up rankings 19 @ 26 this year is pretty good compared to Edwards 12 @ 38

I'm not generally one to make predictions before matches happen since it usually doesn't happen, but I think Mills will take more wickets then Edwards

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. Doing well is a pretty crazy way to move up rankings 19 @ 26 this year is pretty good compared to Edwards 12 @ 38

I'm not generally one to make predictions before matches happen since it usually doesn't happen, but I think Mills will take more wickets then Edwards
Indeed. Much easier to make them after they happen :p