• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing how he's gone from so, so poor against England and Bangladesh to this. I thought he'd turn it around, but not so completely and comprehensively.
Not the hardest test for Kallis, weak attack and the wickets have been flat.

biased indian

International Coach
Amazing how he's gone from so, so poor against England and Bangladesh to this. I thought he'd turn it around, but not so completely and comprehensively.
ya...the way he was batting today he might score century before lunch tommorrow if he is not out :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Conditions weren't particularly difficult previously either, didn't stop him looking horrible.
Different attack though and his record (by the way) in Australia is fine, averaged 50 in Aus before this series...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Different attack though and his record (by the way) in Australia is fine, averaged 50 in Aus before this series...
He was comparing his performances on this tour to his form in England and Bangladesh, not to previous tours of Australia.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He was comparing his performances on this tour to his form in England and Bangladesh, not to previous tours of Australia.
Oh ok! He was facing better bowling attacks :) and Lords aside the wickets were not as flat, also England did their homework and knew where to target Kallis, bowl full and look to bring him forward. Australians have just bowled back of a length to him.

pup11

International Coach
So Andrew McDonald - one Test wonder then?
With the kind of form the Aussie selectors are in, you never know, they might just develop a liking for his hair and he could end up being Australia' all-rounder in South Africa too....:ph34r:

Last edited:

inbox24

International Debutant
I think Ian Chappell would make a good coach, it's just a shame that no one takes him seriously and just rubbish him straight up.

How was Bollinger today btw, just off cricinfo he seemed expensive, no swing perhaps?

pup11

International Coach
I think Ian Chappell would make a good coach, it's just a shame that no one takes him seriously and just rubbish him straight up.

How was Bollinger today btw, just off cricinfo he seemed expensive, no swing perhaps?
Yup there wasn't much swing for him, but generally bowled a bit too much on the shorter side and was dispatched easily whenever he did that, he was slightly more effective whenever he pitched the ball up and troubled Smith in particular whenever he kept the ball full to him.

howardj

International Coach
Oh ok! He was facing better bowling attacks :) and Lords aside the wickets were not as flat, also England did their homework and knew where to target Kallis, bowl full and look to bring him forward. Australians have just bowled back of a length to him.
Indeed, this is exactly what I said after the 1st Test, that Australia's plans to Kallis have been diabolical. They should, as England did, be bowling fullish and straight to him. This woeful lack of planning is another reason why Tim Nielsen should not have been re-appointed Australian coach just last week.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed, this is exactly what I said after the 1st Test, that Australia's plans to Kallis have been diabolical. They should, as England did, be bowling fullish and straight to him.
Nah DWTA, they tried it in the first test and Kallis was driving off the front foot like a beast. England only owned him by getting it to swing late, unless Australia can get movement through the air they're just as well sticking everything on a length to Kallis.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buchannan's not good enough, now Neilsen isn't. Who is?

Surely, next time South Africa come to Australia it will be a 5 test series.