• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Don't think he'll do much with it here, though if anyone in the side will it's probably him.
I think had the Aussie bowlers been bowling yesterday in overcast conditions they might have got the ball to swing, but no chance of that happening today given the conditions, Aussies better work on the ball and get some reverse going otherwise there isn't much in the pitch for the quicks to work with.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think had the Aussie bowlers been bowling yesterday in overcast conditions they might have got the ball to swing, but no chance of that happening today given the conditions, Aussies better work on the ball and get some reverse going otherwise there isn't much in the pitch for the quicks to work with.
Yeah it looks a pretty flat deck (as it usually is for test matches) except for those cracks. If it stays at these temps it'll certainly open those cracks up and there could be some fireworks.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah it looks a pretty flat deck (as it usually is for test matches) except for those cracks. If it stays at these temps it'll certainly open those cracks up and there could be some fireworks.
Yeah if those cracks open up we could see a hint of invariable bounce coming into play and then a bowler like Siddle (who generally attacks the stumps) would prove to be very hard to play.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Forecast for the rest of the match is sunny and hot, so the cracks should open up. Not that they'll necessarily make batting that tough, but the pitch will definitely break up.

pup11

International Coach
Hauritz is a gun.
Great to see blokes like Mitch and Hauritz doing so well with the bat, but the fact that the Aussie tail has wagged with consistency right through the series, kind of shows up how dire the Aussie top-order have been right through the series.

pup11

International Coach
I haven't been to impressed with the way Bollinger has gone about bowling so far, he is mainly a swing bowler and he is much better off pitching the ball up rather than banging it short of good length, i know there isn't any swing there but still he is much more likely to make them edge a few by bowling it upto to them more often then he has done.

howardj

International Coach
With the wicket becoming increasingly difficult to bat on, tomorrow looms as crucial. South Africa will be looking to get most of their runs in the first innings, or at least not concede a deficit to Australia, as conditions will be quite difficult for batting in the fourth innings.

howardj

International Coach
I guess once again our esteemed selection panel will not be accountable for the massive selection blunder of Andrew McDonald.

Anyway, Kallis looking a million dollars at the moment.

Craig

World Traveller
I guess once again our esteemed selection panel will not be accountable for the massive selection blunder of Andrew McDonald.

So Andrew McDonald - one Test wonder then?

pasag

RTDAS
Looks like they'll get away with it because of Johnson.

Amazing how he's gone from so, so poor against England and Bangladesh to this. I thought he'd turn it around, but not so completely and comprehensively.