• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Famous Cricket Fans?

PistolPete

Cricket Spectator
Hi Guys,

I'm doing an article on famous cricket fans and wondered if you could help me by telling me about famous cricket fans in England?

The ones I can think of are...

Mick Jagger
Hugh Grant
John Major

Can anyone add any more?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
er Frank Skinner

and one of the original oasis line-up, can't remember which one though

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This BBC article is part of a serious on famous cricket fans. It mentions 9 people but from my remote ex-pat eyes the term 'famous' appears to be a stretch.

Famous fan: Johnny Borrell
Famous Fan: Alan Davies
Famous Fan: Ian Gillan
Famous Fan: Hugh Cornwell
Famous Fan: Bindya Solanki
Famous Fan: Ian Carmichael
Famous Fan: Jeremy Paxman
Famous Fan: David Troughton
Famous Fan: John Kettley

For others, add Piers Morgan and Alex Salmond.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty sure Ron Howard was having a chat with Stuey MacGill Ashes '05. Could've been there just out of curiosity rather than being a fan, cbf checking.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Is apparently a big fan of cricket. Attended the final Ashes test match between England vs. Australia on 12th September 2005 whilst filming The Da Vinci Code (2006), and was spotted mingling with players in the Australian dressing room.
Apparently so.

Not quite English, is he?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Daniel Radcliffe... aka Harry Potter is someone you see them show on TV at matches.

And also one of Busted... or was it McFly? I remember one of them at a tsunami project in Sri Lanka with various other celebs/ex-cricketers and he was a decent player, I think he'd played to a fairly high junior standard.