• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Diary Of Tim

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
I know there is about 3 of these but i want to do one as well. Honestly Don't care if anyone reads it or not.

Season so far:

U/17s- SENIORS
Game 1 - 1 and 2 overs 1/4 loss did not play

game 2 - 4 and 6 overs 3/12 win B GRADE- 0 and 2/105
( on hat trick ) ( on another hat trick)

game 3 - washed out C grade 55 and 7 overs 3/9
(probs best game ever)
rep game vs shepparton - dnb and 1/4 off 2 overs.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
This weeks training. -

Tuesday -

U/17s new training method implemented by our coach with 2 batsmen in nets at once. Worked O.K, probably helped our running between wickets. Batted reasonabley solidly, not going out. Got our worst batsmen out 3 times, however this is no mean feat, as he probably got out 3 times to evreyone else as well.

Thursday - Buoyed by school finishing i went to seniors training pretty happy. This continued when I got double time batting in the nets as there was an odd number. Needed the extra training with the scores I've been getting. Went out once, bowled by a very good aggot from a bloke I don't know. Batted O.K otherwise, despite nearly being hit by a stray beamer from Jack, our C grade opening bowler.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
well had a pretty **** all round day today, as far as personal performances go anyway. After switching u/17 teams this year, i have already lost 2 games this season compared to the 4 i lost in 5 years at my old team.

Morning - expected match to be called off after it rained all yesterday but it didnt, making our job harder. Dodgy pitch and incredibly slow outfield made chasing 182 seem like chasing 300. we started off very slowly, our openers ( no longer me after being demoted ) got us to 0/21 0ff 10. then it just got ridicioulous. 4 ducks (me included) left us with the embarrassing score of all out for 51, 15 not out our top score. yeh pretty embarrassing.

Afternoon - didnt expect to get much of a bowl as the pitch suited the fast bowlers like the morning. That was how it turned out, and in the end my figures were 5 overs, 3 maidens 0/7. We made 250 last week and they (despite being 6/37) ended up 8/150 odd after their 75 overs.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
TRAINING -

Tuesday - U/17s training was pretty uneventful unfortunatley. batted alright, bowled alright, jus an average sesh all round really.

Thursday - this was in stark contrast to probably the most eventful training in history at seniors . first funny moment came when my mate was struck in the nuts not once, but twice by our b grade opening bowler.:laugh: was the first and probably only time i will see a batsmen retire hurt from a nets session. 2nd funny moment came when our resident sledger, c grade captain and offically the fattest man at our club fell over running in to bowl. :laugh: not only this, but he also struggled to get back up, finally becoming vertical again on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Otherwise i batted ok, bowled ok, which seems to be the story of my week.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
Weekend -

U/17s - washed out again, is getting ridicoulous, i thought australia was meant to be sunny.

B Grade Seniors - bad day, got smashed whilst bowling and the other team batted so slowly and boringly, if that is a word. Fielded at mid on for about 45 overs, got a catch and retrived the ball about twice. fielded at point for about 40 overs, touched the ball only when throwing it back to the bowler. dead serious. but the worst part is that when i come on, they decide to smash the slow, off spinner. got taken off after 5 overs, going for 25 in my worst spell of the season to date. Not surprisingly didnt get brought back on. other team finished with 9/200 of eighty-something overs.

Recevied better news today however when i found out i'd been picked for the rep team to play gisborne on sunday.

tim#7

Cricket Spectator
Weekend -

U/17s - Poor start to the weekend, making a duck to continue my terrible form so far this season. I am now on a pair for the next U/17s side.

B grade - Sure to be dropped to c grade after making just two in another losing team. Must acknowledge efforts of my mate who, playing c grade, made 105* in a 36 over game batting first drop, before going on to take 5 wickets in just 5 overs. Is fair to say the side they were playing were the worst c grade side in history, but still a great effort.

Rep - The coach must have heard about my batting because i found myself at number 11 and didnt get a bat as a result. Took 3/28 off 10 though and was happy with that.