• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Speed

sanga1337

U19 Captain
They **** themselves because he is so all over the place, they never know where the next ball is going. If he became a solid lone and length bowler, he would not get half as many wickets in the shorter formats, and not strike fear into the hearts of even the best, most confident batsmen.
Sure but you would also want him to eliminate the occasional shocker of a ball that he spays down leg side.

krkode

State Captain
3. In terms of calories burnt per delivery, I don't think there are many bowlers who can rival the effort that Flintoff puts into every ball.
Haha, this is an interesting point and most certainly true. You can literally here him grunt with every delivery he sends down.

I'd put Shoaib Akhtar up there with effort per delivery, though. You would think he was in some kind of race the way he does his run-up haha. :dry:

McGrath, Akram and Ambrose I seem to remember were a lot more casual in their run-up and delivery... they made it look so easy, yet so good. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Donald was kind of a combination of the two - he made putting in massive effort look so easy. :happy:

Precambrian

Banned
Ishant Sharma is also another bowler who puts in huge amount of effort in every ball. I dont know how he manages to bowl such long spells of 8 9 overs even on subcontinental pitches. The guy has amazing energy and will, and I hope his body is strong enough to withstand the effects in the long run.

I would really love if Dhoni realises that Ishant is a strike than stock bowler, and accordingly use him in smaller spells. But evidence till date has suggested otherwise. It's ok and all fine when the results are positive, but better be prepared than sorry.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kallis was certainly far, far quicker than Flintoff in both 1998 and 1999/2000 (neither of which were series' Flintoff should remotely have been playing in). From 2003 onwards Flintoff has almost certainly been quicker than Kallis but not to say either has been slow.