• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If U Were ICC???

Matt79

Global Moderator
ICC for all the crp we give them, are on a hiding to nothing. The fact that all the boards are so money focused, and tha there is such a massive disparity between what India brings to the game and the rest of the countries do, makes it impossible for the ICC to be anything but a consensus seeking irrelevance.

Given that, there are still a couple of things I'd do. I'd tweak Associate members create a ICC Challenge tour, that teams that aren't test standard compete on. They'd play a schedule of FC Mathew against each other, with tour matches against test nations FC domestic teams or A teams. Above that there would be a "best of squad" drawing upon players from all the Associates who would tour on a near full time basis playing full member nations in ODIs and FC matches. The ICC would pay the contracts of those squad players. Ideally Zimbabwe and maybe even Bangers would be a part of this system, but I don't imagine revoking their full membership would be any easier politically for me than it is for the current ICC. There would be a mechanism for Associate teams to obtain probationary full membership if they achieved benchmark of "Best of Squad" representation and a win rationin the Challenge tour over a two year period. That probationary membership would see them play ODIs and FC matches by themselves against full members with a ratio of wind required at the en of two years if it were to be confirmed as an ongoing full membership.

Expansion is really just a sideshow however. I'd try to impose some sort of larger tithe upon the nations, holding the carrot of less regular ICC tournaments. I'd aim for a WC every four years, a T20 World Championship every four years - staggered by two years from the WC as the two premier events - these are the two marqee events On the years between, I'd have some form of the CT, and on the other a T20 World Club Championship. So it might go:
2011 - WC
2012 - T20 Club Championship
2013 - T20 World Championship
2014 - Champions Trophy
2015 - WC

if I were a dictator I'd legislate to ban test series shorter than 3 matches, and require every test nation to play at least one five match series every twelve months amongst a cap of 15 tests a year. I'd also impose a cap of 25 non-ICC tournament ODIs in a twelve month period, and 25 non-ICC tournament T20s. I'd also impose a ban on either ODI or T20 series bilateral series longer than five matches. It would also be a requirement that all tour schedules must include provision for two tour matches in country before the tour starts and at least one more tour math during the series. But that's all pie in the sky stuff that would get me deposed or prompt breakaways from the ICC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I thought this was a new thread and was all poised to come in and post this post
Stop wrecking the game we have in the vain pursuit of the one we don't.
then spotted I'd already done it a year ago. :laugh: