• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Wickets in Aus vs NZ

Most Wickets

• Total voters

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Who do u guys think will take the most wickets?

i dunno i am hoping it will be between Vettori and Lee?

but more likely Johnson will luck out some sorry batsmen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voted Stuart Clark on the basis of hope rather than expectation.

Wouldn't really say it'd be easy to offer much of a prediction, there's several possibilities who are for all intents equal.

Polo23

International Debutant
You think hes better than mills or martin? i was really considering southee tbh but i thought to keep it to a minimum.
Over the past 5 tests for New Zealand he has easily been our best pace bowler. Mills has been in terrible form of late, and Martin was rubbish in England.

Unfortunately given NZ's abysmal batting effort against NSW Southee will likely miss out.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Over the past 5 tests for New Zealand he has easily been our best pace bowler. Mills has been in terrible form of late, and Martin was rubbish in England.

Unfortunately given NZ's abysmal batting effort against NSW Southee will likely miss out.
Im sorry then cuz there seems no way for me to edit it. sadly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mods could add O'Brien in but I imagine he'd get as few votes as Krejza is likely to (ie, 0).

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
I voted Martin because when I talked to him at the warm-up game he seemed very focused. I think he feels he needs to spearhead the attack so I think he will get wickets through hard work and out-thinking of the aussie batsmen,

Flem274*

123/5
If its not Vettori then it will be O'Brien (for NZs wickets). Martin has never been much chop outside of NZ or SA, where he has a crazy amount of wickets. Mills is lethal with the new ball (provided he has some form, which he doesn't) but until it begins to start reversing he is ineffective in between the two periods.

O'Brien can bowl with the new ball, the old ball, with the wind, into the wind. Has a good line and length and can get some movement. At one stage he did earn himself the name of O'Diren (much to the displeasure of Heath) because he was woeful at the top level, and in fact I'd still keep him away from ODIs, however finally he looks to be proving that FC record and not doing a Sinclair i.e. all the potential is there, but its gone walking someplace else. I'm not saying he's home and hosed, but he has the ability to be a good bowler at test level imo (boy I've done a roundabout on my opinion of the guy in the last few months, but he is a guy that for some reason I love seeing succeed)

Picking Lee or Clark to have most wickets for Aus. Krejza (sic), Johnson, and Watson aren't much chop, though we'll find ways to gift them our wickets no doubt.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Close call between Lee and Vettori for me. I went with Vettori because I'm optimistic more than anything, though wouldn't be surprised if Lee came out with a couple of four or five wicket bags.

Last edited:

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I honestly hope johnson doesnt top the wicket taking list. that would be so frustrating he lucks so many wickets. argh!!

Polo23

International Debutant
Lol, I agree IndGunner.

His only wicket taking balls are short ones down leg side, or half volleys 4 feet wide of off stump.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori, as he has less competition for wickets than Lee/Clark
Then again, NZ's top order is dire, which brings Lee/Clark equal with Vettori. Interesting....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Went Clark here, given the likely weather in Brisbane and, of course, assuming he plays.

But Lee's record both in Brisbane and v NZ is pretty damn good.