• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guess The Theme XI

pskov

International 12th Man
One person posts an XI which has a certain theme and others have to guess what the theme is. Clues are encouraged! I'll start us off...

Marvan Atapattu
Mark Taylor*
Frank Worrell
Vijay Hazare
Allan Border
Ian Botham
Richie Benaud
Rashid Latif+
Waqar Younis
Bishan Bedi
Courtney Walsh

Clue: "Don't get too upset, skip!"

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Amir Elahi,
Gul Mohammad,
AH Kardar
JJ Ferris,
WE Midwinter,
WL Murdoch,
AE Trott,
SMJ Woods
SC Guillen
AJ Traicos
Keppler Wessels

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Sidebottom
Anderson
Harmison
Panesar

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Sidebottom
Anderson
Harmison
Panesar
The current England XI? :unsure: I'm stumped, frankly.

Meanwhile:

B Close
D Compton
W Hammond
IVR Richards
W Armstrong*
K Miller
R Lindwall
L Compton+
A Hartkopf
S O'Donnell
M Walker

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby is it an excelled at other sports XI
Yeah, I'll give you that. :) It's actually that they've all played first-grade or international football of one code or another.

Close, Sir Viv, Wally Hammond & the two Comptons played association football; Lindwall played rugby league for St George & the others played VFL. Was fairly surprised to find out that The Big Ship was a former Aussie Rules star who actually played in South Melbourne's losing Grand Final team in 1899.

jondavluc

State Regular
Luke Ronchi (k)
Ian Bell
Younis Khan
Jacque Kallis (c)
Scott Styris
James Marshall
Mohammad Ashraful
Robert Key
Doug Bollinger
Jerome Taylor