• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Is The Present World 11?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
IMO a world X1 should be picked on the best players avalable not what suites Team balance. If somone is genuinly good enough to make a world X1 and deserves his spot he should not bee keept out because his style does not suite the team.
So if you have a team of stroke players and no grafter, you think that team would beat allcomers?

Personally I dont think it will, since a few wickets dropping and you've no-one to rebuild...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you're reasoning for not playing Lara is basically that there are better stroke players around who would get a spot ahead of him?

PY

International Coach
I would argue there aren't many players on the world stage who are better stroke players than Lara anyway so on that argument he should get in anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Of the 4 places up for grabs, I want 2 grafting types (Dravid, Kallis adding bowling option) and 2 more flamboyant, and I've gone for SRT and Punter.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Eclipse said:
IMO a world X1 should be picked on the best players avalable not what suites Team balance. If somone is genuinly good enough to make a world X1 and deserves his spot he should not bee keept out because his style does not suite the team.
I disagree there, team balance is of utter importance, i tend to think of a team's batmen style a bit like the bowling department, where you need some variety in bowling in order to counter the "pitch/weather/genius batsman on strike" elements, you also need a batsman or two of the different styles like "grafters" who would get you out of trouble, you also need people who can smash the lusty blows towards the end like Symonds, Cairns, Kluesner....

I think what you were trying to say was that an excellent batsman who truly exceptional enough to grab a spot on the world XI has the ability to adopt to different conditions ala Saeed Anwar in Test Cricket, but personally I don't support having batsmen playing out of their positions.

Eclipse

International Debutant
R_Powell_fan said:
I disagree there, team balance is of utter importance, i tend to think of a team's batmen style a bit like the bowling department, where you need some variety in bowling in order to counter the "pitch/weather/genius batsman on strike" elements, you also need a batsman or two of the different styles like "grafters" who would get you out of trouble, you also need people who can smash the lusty blows towards the end like Symonds, Cairns, Kluesner....

I think what you were trying to say was that an excellent batsman who truly exceptional enough to grab a spot on the world XI has the ability to adopt to different conditions ala Saeed Anwar in Test Cricket, but personally I don't support having batsmen playing out of their positions.
Well considering These world X1 dont actualy ever get to play I dont think it really matters.

My opinion is you pick the best players thats all.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Eclipse said:
Well considering These world X1 dont actualy ever get to play I dont think it really matters.

My opinion is you pick the best players thats all.
good point.....
in fact, very good point......:lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shivankit

Cricket Spectator
guys i will be back shortly so wait for me and i will be back with hot topics.i have a prob so i would be offline for some time so please wait.