• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Will Take Hold Of Sachin's Crown

Bazza

International 12th Man
That's a good point - traditionally they get a flier from Sanath (and in the past Kalu) and then that is what gets them a decent score. If you get Sanath early enough before he does too much damage they often struggle to post much over 200. They do have match winning bowlers though in Murali and Vaas, though probably rely a bit too much on a few players to win them matches. Maybe they will discover two or three new players soon who are in the same class.

Deja moo

International Captain
:yawn: player to take over from sachin?......only one name...........JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...

Eclipse

International Debutant
orangepitch said:
:yawn: player to take over from sachin?......only one name...........JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...JACQUES RUDOLPH...
Well he is as good a guess as anyone's but It's hardly an obviouse selection.

There are plenty off good young batsman out there with FC records just as good and considering he has only played against bangladesh so far in test cricket it's a little to early to get to carried away.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
krkode said:
Attapatu will probably be long gone by the time Sachin's gone...
I wasn't suggesting Atapattu. I suggested Sarwan, but I was defending a comment that someone made to the beat of Atapattu not scoring any runs last year.

Deja moo

International Captain
Ambati Rayudu....18 yrs old ....right hand bat.....plays for Hyderabad(india)...
Already being compared to sachin at 18....not like other guys who are built up big and then disappoint...
This guy is different....saurav ganguly has been quoted as saying that he and sachin cant wait for Ambati to make the senior team in about 1-2 years time....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
orangepitch said:
Ambati Rayudu....18 yrs old ....right hand bat.....plays for Hyderabad(india)...
Already being compared to sachin at 18....not like other guys who are built up big and then disappoint...
In all fairness, we can't really tell if he'll be another one of those "who is built up big and then disappoints" because he hasn't played much International cricket yet. No one is a sure-fire success until they actually play at the highest level.

Bazza

International 12th Man
*cough* Balaji.

What about the boy Gavaskar? I didn't even know Sunil had a son playing FC cricket, but he made an unbeaten ton for India A the other day and has decent domestic stats (although maybe not amazing by Indian standards).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bazza said:
*cough* Balaji.

What about the boy Gavaskar? I didn't even know Sunil had a son playing FC cricket, but he made an unbeaten ton for India A the other day and has decent domestic stats (although maybe not amazing by Indian standards).
Rohan Gavaskar is a decent batsman and bowler in first class cricket in India, but he doesn't look like international material....besides I think he is atleast in his late 20s.....which is very late for entry into international cricket by Indian standards....

krkode

State Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I wasn't suggesting Atapattu. I suggested Sarwan, but I was defending a comment that someone made to the beat of Atapattu not scoring any runs last year.
My bad, mate :P

Guess I shoulda read a little more ;)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I assume if he is on an India A tour he is in the selectors thoughts (this tour includes the likes of Gautem Gambhir, Hemang Badani, Parthiv Patel, Balaji, etc).

Rayudu looks pretty good for a 17 year old.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
There is a really good youngster in Australia
Slats4ever, also known as Ian Markus
he'll probably be reffered to as Ian Markus when he's famous.