• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate 'Em

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting.

For the people who have already voted, how did you vote, like as in the players current form, overall test career or what they offer the team at the moment?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'll make some Ashes predictions.

England total: 6.74

Australia= 7.15

For how improved England's attack looks, and how poor Australia's is doing in India, i think i'd still prefer a pace attack of Lee-Clark-Johnson over Flintoff-Anderson-Harmison.
You've heard it here first: Watson to do a Flintoff and win man of the series.

pskov

International 12th Man
Based on who I think the selectors would pick, not necessarily me.

England

Cook 7
Strauss 6
Bell 7
Pietersen 9
Collingwood 7
Flintoff 8
Prior 6
Broad 6
Harmison 6
Panesar 7
Anderson 7

Shah 6
Bopara 6
Patel 6
Swann 5
Sidebottom 7

Average = 6.625

Australia

Hayden 8
Katich 7
Ponting 10
Hussey 10
Clarke 8
Watson 8
Haddin 6
Lee 7
Krezja 6
Johnson 7
Clark 8

Jaques 7
Marsh 6
Symonds 7
White 4
Siddel 6

Average = 7.1875

pskov

International 12th Man
For comparison, India. Although I have made a few guesses at the backups as I don't know the Indian domestic scene very well.

Sehwag 8
Gambhir 8
Dravid 6
Tendulkar 9
Laxman 8
Bandrinath 7
Dhoni 8
Harbhajan 7
Khan 7
Mishra 6
Sharma 7

Vijay 6
Jaffer 6
Yuvraj 7
Chawla 6
Munaf Patel 6

Average = 7

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just find a few of the ratings unusual.

Andrew Strauss vs Jason Krejza both 6, not many people are going to rate Krejza at the same level.

Peter Siddle vs Steve Harmison both 6, again Harmy has to be rated higher then Siddle.

It's interesting and impossible for everyone to agree with all your ratings, these are just a few examples where I don't think you've given the correct rating.

pskov

International 12th Man
West Indies

Gayle 6
Marshall 5
Sarwan 7
Morton 5
Chanderpaul 9
Bravo 7
Ramdin 6
Sammy 7
Taylor 7
Powell 6
Edwards 6

Chattergoon 5
Devon Smith 5
Fletcher 6
Pollard 5
Miller 6

Average = 6.125

pskov

International 12th Man
I just find a few of the ratings unusual.

Andrew Strauss vs Jason Krejza both 6, not many people are going to rate Krejza at the same level.

Peter Siddle vs Steve Harmison both 6, again Harmy has to be rated higher then Siddle.

It's interesting and impossible for everyone to agree with all your ratings, these are just a few examples where I don't think you've given the correct rating.
Yeah I suppose so. I did it quite quickly based on gut, not really cross referencing with other players. I kind of defaulted to if they haven't played enough international cricket to be truly judged then give them a 6, which may be too generous.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand:

Aaron Redmond 5
Jamie How 7
Jesse Ryder 7
Ross Taylor 7
Brendon McCullam 9
Daniel Flynn 5
Jacob Oram 8
Daniel Vettori 9
Kyle Mills 6
Tim Southee 7
Iain O'brien 5

Jeetan Patel 6
Peter Fulton 6
Grant Elliott 5
Chris Martin 7
Mark Gillespie 5

Average: 6.5

maybe a little generous on the young guys like Southee and Ryder but I really do rate them.