• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Champions Twenty20 League***

pup11

International Coach
Fixtures

Champions Twenty20 League, 2008/09

December 2008

Wed 3
16:00 local, 10:30 GMT Group A - Middlesex v Victoria
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Wed 3 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Group B - Dolphins v Rajasthan Royals
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Thu 4
16:00 local, 10:30 GMT Group B - Sialkot Stallions v Western Australia

Thu 4 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Victoria

Fri 5
16:00 local, 10:30 GMT Group A - Middlesex v Titans
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

Fri 5 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Group B - Rajasthan Royals v Sialkot Stallions

Sat 6
12:00 local, 06:30 GMT Group B - Dolphins v Western Australia

Sat 6
16:00 local, 10:30 GMT Group A - Titans v Victoria

Sat 6 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Middlesex

Sun 7
12:00 local, 06:30 GMT Group B - Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions

Sun 7
16:00 local, 10:30 GMT Group B - Rajasthan Royals v Western Australia

Sun 7 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Titans

Mon 8 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT 1st Semi-Final - TBC v TBC
Group B winners v Group A runners-up
Tue 9 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT 2nd Semi-Final - TBC v TBC
Group A winners v Group B runners-up
Wed 10 D/N
20:00 local, 14:30 GMT Final - TBC v TBC

Well i think in times of T20 economic boom, this tournaments not only gives state sides and its players from across the globe a chance to win some serious money, but it also gives the players from these state side international exposure and a global platform to perform on, so i am looking forward to this tournament, its short and compact i guess it will be good fun to watch, btw i am gonna support Rajasthan Royals in this one, obviously because of Watto and Warney.

pup11

International Coach
Victoria squad

1.Cameron White (C)
2.Aiden Blizzard
3.Adam Crosthwaite (wk)
4.Aaron Finch
5.Shane Harwood
6.John Hastings
7.Brad Hodge
8.David Hussey
9.Andrew McDonald
10.Clint McKay
11.Dirk Nannes
12.Darren Pattinson
13.Rob Quiney
14.Peter Siddle
15.Matthew Wade (wk)

Western Australia squad

1.Marcus North (C)
2.Adam Voges
3.David Bandy
4.Arron Crawford
5.Liam Davis
6.Brett Dorey
7.Theo Doropoulos
8.Ben Edmondson
9.Aaron Heal
10.Matt Johnston
11.Trent Kelly
12.Steve Magoffin
13.Shaun Marsh
14.Luke Pomersbach
15.Luke Ronchi (wk)

These are the only two teams that have announced their squads for this tournament so far.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Are Hayden and Hussey playing for Chennai?

What the heck... so many games in Chennai. I will definitely go for at least one, I think.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
They should have gone for the DY Patil Stadium instead of the Brabourne. The atmosphere, facilities and crowd at the University ground are eleventy times better than at the latter.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll end up being one giant circlejerk for Indian cricket. Well done! You won a tournament with next to no Indian players! Who gives a ****?

Would love for one of the non-IPL sides to win the ****en thing to stick it right up them.

Is it being broadcasted in Australia?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It'll end up being one giant circlejerk for Indian cricket. Well done! You won a tournament with next to no Indian players!
Yes, seven players per IPL team = next to none. Australia are 30% owners of this tournament, so I don't see how it's a circlejerk for Indian cricket.

In any case, I hope we have an IPL team with no Indian players some day. I hate this nationalistic crap. I hope (though doubt) that the future of cricket is in club cricket.
SirBloody Idiot said:
Would love for one of the non-IPL sides to win the ****en thing to stick it right up them.
Why would that stick it right up them? I don't even think IPL teams would necessarily be the favorites. It's a joint ownership venture between BCCI, Australia and SA (BCCI - 50%, Australia - 30%, RSA - 20%), so I don't see your point.
SirBloody Idiot said:
Who gives a ****?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Apparently you do.

And yes, it will as Australia are part owners, it would be highly odd if it wasn't.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Are Hayden and Hussey playing for Chennai?

What the heck... so many games in Chennai. I will definitely go for at least one, I think.
Hussey is playing for CSK for sure but don't know about Hayden yet, he might pull out of this for the South African test series.

Craig

World Traveller
Hussey is playing for CSK for sure but don't know about Hayden yet, he might pull out of this for the South African test series.
So what about the fate of David Hussey and/or Brad Hodge with regards to a middle order spot opens up if there is an injury to any of Australia's middle order and Andrew Symonds having done nothing to convince us he is ready to make a come back to the Australian team?

Anyway Victoria will win IMO.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'll end up being one giant circlejerk for Indian cricket. Well done! You won a tournament with next to no Indian players! Who gives a ****?

Would like to know this too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Agreed. The IPL clubs would be royally stuffed by the likes of Victoria, Western Australia and the Titans but they have made the competition so much in favour of themselves that it’s a bit of a farce.

Precambrian

Banned

:laugh:

pup11

International Coach
So what about the fate of David Hussey and/or Brad Hodge with regards to a middle order spot opens up if there is an injury to any of Australia's middle order and Andrew Symonds having done nothing to convince us he is ready to make a come back to the Australian team?

Anyway Victoria will win IMO.
What makes you think that there would be any vacant middle order slots, Watson and White are the two blokes who might have their spots come under the scanner, and i guess if Watto doesn't do anything with either bat or ball in the remaining of the 4th test he might make way for Symonds to comeback into the side irrespective of his domestic form, and i think Clark would come in for White, so really can't see Hodge or Hussey being in contention, and anyways they both have been named in the Victorian squad so they are sure to play in this tournament.

Yeah Victoria start as the favourites for me too, they are pretty strong T20 unit, so i expect them to do pretty well.

pup11

International Coach
Western Australia has got a decent side IMO. Will tip them tbh.
Nah, Bushrangers have won the Aussie T20 competition for three years in a row now, so that' a pretty awesome effort, they have three of the most experienced T20 batsmen in Hodge, White and Hussey and then blokes likes Nannes, Blizzard, MacDonald, Harwood, Quiney and Siddle are all pretty handy T20 cricketers to have, so all in all they have a pretty awesome team imo.

Precambrian

Banned
Rajasthan Royals for me. The thing is Warne, Shane Warne. Want to see how others cope with him on helpful surfaces.