• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Champions Twenty20 League***

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm, my understanding is that they don't have to re-qualify, I read that Middx were guaranteed a spot

Precambrian

Banned
Because they had "invested" resources during the present season for the Championship. The Champions League call off was done by the Boards and not the teams per se. More technical imho, and I don't think the teams would have toured even if given the Go Ahead by the Board. Since these teams have to requalify, it means starting from scratch and binning the costs of training for this tourney.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/t20champions/content/current/story/381913.html

The eight sides were in line to battle for US$6 million in prize money before the contest was called off less than a week before it was due to start. Both the Australian states admitted they had spent at least A$50,000 on taking part in the tournament and were unhappy at missing a chance for a seven-figure pay day.

Tony Dodemaide, the Victoria chief executive, said it would be "reasonable" to discuss compensation with Cricket Australia, which is one of three shareholders in the event. "There are hard costs involved, there's also opportunity costs involved," he told AAP. "On our estimates of participation fee and the minimum prize money that was going to be on offer and also a couple of sponsorships we've been able to pick up associated with the tournament, we thought it was in the region of around $600,000 that was going to be a minimum return to the association.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hang on...the actual qualifying teams, not the league as a whole, would get $600,000 (Australian but still), in a league where the average player salary would probably be around $25,000, thanks to their participation?

Welcome to two-team-dominated leagues...

pasag

RTDAS
Because they had "invested" resources during the present season for the Championship. The Champions League call off was done by the Boards and not the teams per se. More technical imho, and I don't think the teams would have toured even if given the Go Ahead by the Board. Since these teams have to requalify, it means starting from scratch and binning the costs of training for this tourney.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/t20champions/content/current/story/381913.html
Yeah I know what they're asking, I just don't see a case for it. CA made the right decision and I don't think they should pay for it. Big deal the states suffered a few losses, everyone did.