• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Random cricket comments/thoughts**

Xuhaib

International Coach
If a side had two identical twins, one a top class bowler but piss poor batsman, and the other a top drawer batsman, they could possibly send the good batsman in to bat twice with none being the wiser.
Stop watching Seeta-Geeta

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If a side had two identical twins, one a top class bowler but piss poor batsman, and the other a top drawer batsman, they could possibly send the good batsman in to bat twice with none being the wiser.
Technique would probably be a massive giveaway.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There was this shot from some one-dayer, possibly on STAR Cricket or NEO Sports, but I forget the channel name as well as the match (ODI or T20?) that was played, though it was before 2008 and very new. Here, we saw Tendulkar turn around, and because of the folds on his shirt, his name read 'ENDULKAR' behind.

Not the sign of things to come, we all hope :ph34r:

bagapath

International Captain
In an article on Great Innings in cricinfo Suresh Menon had written that when WG was asked to comment on a young Bradman he had said "oh give me Arthur anyday" preferring Arthur Shrewsbury to Bradman. But the problem here is Bradman was 6 years old when WG died and this just cannot be true. I had pointed this out mistake. They did not publish my comment or offer an apology but simply removed the line from the article. I am okay as long as the mistake is rectified. But still I wonder how many such mistakes are printed without anyone bothering to cross check. In fact, this article in its print version might still be carrying the same mistake.

bagapath

International Captain
in an article entitled "eastern son" soumya bhattacharya says ganguly is the fourth highest century maker for india. he is actually the sixth - behind sachin, gavaskar, dravid, azhar and vengsarkar. time cricinfo got a bit more serious, i think

Precambrian

Banned
in an article entitled "eastern son" soumya bhattacharya says ganguly is the fourth highest century maker for india. he is actually the sixth - behind sachin, gavaskar, dravid, azhar and vengsarkar. time cricinfo got a bit more serious, i think
Eh, is it combining ODIs and tests perhaps? :unsure:

bagapath

International Captain
then ganguly is second (38), after sachin (82)

again they did not publish my comment, but this time they did not even correct the error.

krkode

State Captain
OMG using the same idea. Check out Chanderpaul. Across all forms of International cricket he averages over 300 per century :-O
That's a bit awesome and at the same time a bit sad... just goes to show how often he remains partnerless at the end of the innings cuz all the others were bowled out leaving him stranded on 100+ not out. :dry:

Precambrian

Banned
For sure. It is still a strange stat. Almost like the opposition ignore him and concentrate on the other end.
He's so crabby that it is not worth the effort to get him out. I mean, with such a fragile batting lineup around him, the bowlers obv would look at getting cheap wickets.

BTW Am not overtly impressed by some of his innings, like the other day he scored 100 off 149 balls, and virtually took the gas out of the run rate. But he is indispensable.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyne noted how quite a large of ODI playing kits are lergely green?
South Africa
Kenya
Bangladesh
Australia on occasion
Pakistan do have green kit
Bangladesh
Ireland

Maybe that should be declared the official colour of ODI kits like white is for FC cricket