• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Random cricket comments/thoughts**

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Why is that when Tendulkar scores a ton, I'm like well played mate.
But when Ponting gets 100 I am like omfg G.O.A.T.!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If a fat cricketer falls over in the forest, do the trees laugh?
:laugh: did you think of this after reading the Mail puns in the domestic thread yesterday, cause I was thinking about this as Forrest was at the crease.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, I was paraphrasing a t shirt a mate of mine had at cricket last week. Where the post says "cricketer", substitute "girl".

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
For New Zealanders - why do we have ball by ball commentary of domestic first class cricket from three different venues on Radio Sport, yet have Sky TV ever shown a single domestic first class game live on television?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Same reason huge men are sometimes nicknamed "Tiny"

Does it imply conceit when Lalit Modi appears in an advertisement for a product on television, and the said advert features him trumpeting his major achievement?

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Would it be such a bad idea, in 20/20 to trial painting lines from stump to stump to indicate where the lbw strike zone is?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Would it be such a bad idea, in 20/20 to trial painting lines from stump to stump to indicate where the lbw strike zone is?
Should have lasers from stump to stumps showing the 'LBW strike zone' that are invisible to the naked eye but the umpires wear spcial sunglasses that allows them to see it.

EDIT- Im actually being semi-serious

Last edited:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Should have lasers from stump to stumps showing the 'LBW strike zone' that are invisible to the naked eye but the umpires wear spcial sunglasses that allows them to see it.

EDIT- Im actually being semi-serious
White lines would be much more simple.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
IMO, they would be ugly, they would get scuffed up and become ineffective, it changes the surface where the ball pitches and how the ball may act, changes the nature of the game as bowlers have physical targets etc.

but most importantly they would be ugly. :)

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
The lines wouldn't impact the pitching areas that much, not like lines of a tennis court.

I was at my mates house today when I put that forth, true about them being ugly though. (Lucky I didn't mention marking areas of danger - bowlers foot marks).