• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Like a Paper Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems this idea of him playing is a bit of a beat up from what I've heard this morning.

An Indian journo was ont he radio here this morning saying Gambhir surely won't play. Is that the prevailing view as we speak?
Well there's an Indian team list without him on it but with Harbhajan back on various websites incl Cricket Australia. Hopefully is a fuss over nothing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not sure who started the rumors, I haven't heard anything from the BCCI or any other source saying this was even being contemplated. I mean, they named a replacement right away, so it doesn't seem like they would do it.

But its the BCCI, so you never know.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My hope is that they're doing exactly as Dalmiya was doing in 2001/02 - trying to ruffle as many feathers and alarm as many people with brinkmanship as they can, before revealing that in truth they had no real intention of actually breaking the rules.

However, I'm not fool enough to actually feel out-and-out confident that this is the case.

howardj

International Coach
The really chilling part for me is this;

"However there is a chance that India's strongly worded rebuke to the ICC will be a forerunner to their selecting the ineligible Gambhir to play in Nagpur, a situation that arose in 2001 when the banned Virender Sehwag was chosen to play against South Africa at Centurion Park despite his ban for over-appealing.

On that occasion match referee Mike Denness, who imposed the ban, was locked out of the ground and the match declared unoffical by the ICC."

haha locked out?

Did he bang on the door like Fred Flinstone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
My hope is that they're doing exactly as Dalmiya was doing in 2001/02 - trying to ruffle as many feathers and alarm as many people with brinkmanship as they can, before revealing that in truth they had no real intention of actually breaking the rules.
This is exactly what they are doing. Gambhir will definitely not play. Dhoni has not ruled it out though, because he wants to keep Australia guessing. Good strategy on Dhoni's part.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Nah, Dhoni was very clear yesterday that Vijay would make his debut. The media just wants to sell copy. Yeah, lets bash the BCCI!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bhajji was similar pain in ass of Ponting and many Aussie players..

This is how it would've been planned:

Ponting: I'm getting sick of that sook Bhajii..What should we do?

Gilly: I think we have to opt for our Plan B..(B for bitching for those who don't know).

Ponting: Good idea!! Who are the commandos, Gilly.

Gilly: I think Roy and Pup are a good team. Let's get Haydos in the team.

Ponting: Okay what's the plan?

Gilly: Obviously we have to get him when he comes to bat..I'll ask Roy to pick up an unnecessary fight with him..Given Roy's not so good looking features, I'm pretty sure that sook will fall for it..

Ponting: I'm sure he will..Ask Haydos to be nearby..Pup is a good learner..Look how quick he has picked up the art of claiming dropped catches..Oh BTW don't forget to remind Roy to strike when 'our umpires' are within the earshots..

Gilly: Will do.. Catch you later..I've to select some squash balls.

Ponting: Gotcha maitey!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Aussies get what they want EVERYTIME IN THE ICC and have done for so long.

The difference now is that the BCCI has grown some balls due their financial power to object to it.So now their media and board is trying to show India's objection to unfairness as "Bullying" and doing it very well with support from other media outlets like englsh one ,as well as kiwi ones.Surprised they have not joined in this time more like these articles-

http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4750734a27263.html

What is really remarkable is that they do this to perfection everytime to protect themselves from correct allegations of getting favours from the authorities.While the Indian writers and media seem incapable of responding to it or do not have the will or tactfulness to do it.
Now Despite Gambhir being banned (without any appeal hearing), ponting,watson,katich and johnson being let go,it is BCCI that is using unduue influence over the ICC.

During India's tour there despite India now twice in two tours having to deal with bucknor favouring the aussies,It was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite Proctor banning bhajji without any evidence it was BCCI that was using the undue influence.

Despite malcolm speed selectively mentioning yuvraj incident to threaten proctor and overlooking even worse dissent of pontin it was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite India dropping charges over hogg, and symonds being let go scot free despite being the instigator and admitting to it It was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite bhajji getting fined for a pretty normal abuse(that too incomplete),which he admiited to despite being no proof of it ,It was bahjji who was the villain and symonds the victim and the BCCI using undue influence.Not too forget symonds was let go without any charges despite admitting to be the instigator and admitting that harbhajan could have called him "maa ki".

Despite Harbhajan being targetted by the aussie crowd in a ver bad way by the aussie crowd and being callled all sorts of things,no action was taken against the aussies nor was that or murali being hit by a egg a issue nor were disgraceful chants against Monty Panesar.While Symonds being targetted In India was blown out of proportion with the ICC getting involved and even other boards commenting on it.It was mafe to look as if india is a racist country and people were targetting him due to him being from some other ethnicity,when it was completely different and still the BCCI was using undue influence.

The traditional rulers of the ICC are not liking the fact that some other board is challenging their sole power which has remained for so long by default.So expect these kind of attempts to continue till and even after parity is gained in terms of control over the crikcet adminstration.

archie mac

International Coach

The difference now is that the BCCI has grown some balls due their financial power to object to it.So now their media and board is trying to show India's objection to unfairness as "Bullying" and doing it very well with support from other media outlets like englsh one ,as well as kiwi ones.Surprised they have not joined in this time more like these articles-

What is really remarkable is that they do this to perfection everytime to protect themselves from correct allegations of getting favours from the authorities.While the Indian writers and media seem incapable of responding to it or do not have the will or tactfulness to do it.
Now Despite Gambhir being banned (without any appeal hearing), ponting,watson,katich and johnson being let go,it is BCCI that is using unduue influence over the ICC.

During India's tour there despite India now twice in two tours having to deal with bucknor favouring the aussies,It was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite Proctor banning bhajji without any evidence it was BCCI that was using the undue influence.

Despite malcolm speed selectively mentioning yuvraj incident to threaten proctor and overlooking even worse dissent of pontin it was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite India dropping charges over hogg, and symonds being let go scot free despite being the instigator and admitting to it It was the BCCI that was using undue influence.

Despite bhajji getting fined for a pretty normal abuse(that too incomplete),which he admiited to despite being no proof of it ,It was bahjji who was the villain and symonds the victim and the BCCI using undue influence.Not too forget symonds was let go without any charges despite admitting to be the instigator and admitting that harbhajan could have called him "maa ki".

Despite Harbhajan being targetted by the aussie crowd in a ver bad way by the aussie crowd and being callled all sorts of things,no action was taken against the aussies nor was that or murali being hit by a egg a issue nor were disgraceful chants against Monty Panesar.While Symonds being targetted In India was blown out of proportion with the ICC getting involved and even other boards commenting on it.It was mafe to look as if india is a racist country and people were targetting him due to him being from some other ethnicity,when it was completely different and still the BCCI was using undue influence.

The traditional rulers of the ICC are not liking the fact that some other board is challenging their sole power which has remained for so long by default.So expect these kind of attempts to continue till and even after parity is gained in terms of control over the crikcet adminstration.
Most of this post is crap, and the rest funny8-)

I really hope you are kidding?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, an article that's factually incorrect is never a good way to start TBH Sean. Not that you'd neccessarily be expected to know that, just saying.

Bracken

U19 Debutant

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Wake up to yourself mate.

Seriously, thank God the Indian team doesn't have that kind of victim complex. They'd never get anywhere.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I must say, it is huge over-reaction from some members on CW, Aussie media and their captain. Hard to expect anything better from them though, when all the get to read in their biased media is the same crap over and over again.

Here is Chole Saltu again :-

Gambhir feud puts cricket series in jeopardy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4751923a18878.html

Ponting yesterday called on cricket authorities to stand up to the powerful Indian board and for Cricket Australia to provide him with a course of action should Gambhir's name appear on the team sheet before the toss today.

Much Ado about Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.