• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mo Yo goes ICL

pup11

International Coach
Not very surprised by this tbh, he had already signed an ICL contract a while back due to which he wasn't even able to participate in the IPL, and given the situation PCB and Pakistan cricket are in right now in, he obviously had too ponder with the other options he had, and i guess ICL was probably the only option left for him.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah think this was fairly inevitable. With the Pakistan situation being what it is, you can hardly blame him. It's difficult to be deserting something when there's nothing there to desert!!!

krkode

State Captain
That's a biggie. :\

What're the odds of this ICL ban thing getting lifted within the playing careers of these cricketers... ?

I miss Shane Bond. :(

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I reckon all contracts of such nature have a get-out clause involving a financial penalty of some sort. Whether the PCB is justified in not buying Mohammad Yousuf's way out of the ICL given their financial situation now is debatable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What're the odds of this ICL ban thing getting lifted within the playing careers of these cricketers... ?
Right now, roughly zero, but things can change very quickly with these private league thingies.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Recently there was a statement by the new PCB chairman where he said that ICL players could have their bans lifted so lets see how this unfolds.

pup11

International Coach
PCB is in shambles. How old is he? 33?
Yeah he is around that age group, but age not withstanding he is arguably still Pakistan' best batsman by some distance, so obviously its a huge blow for an already weak Pakistan side, tbh if the situation in Pakistan doesn't improve quickly it would only be a matter of time before even more players take this ICL route.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Recently there was a statement by the new PCB chairman where he said that ICL players could have their bans lifted so lets see how this unfolds.
First SLC, now the PCB. If these two boards didn't completely depend on the BCCI at the current time, it'd be great to see a potential split in the "Asian bloc".

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can fully understand a Pakistani player taking the money and running considering the current climate of cricket in their country. Best career option for him right now.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It is probably true but we should wait until this is official. As far as I can see there is little evidence of anything apart from that he appears to have met with ICL. No guarantee of a contract being signed yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Won't happen.
Yeah, I know it won't, because the PCB and BCCSL are both in dire straits currently, and keeping the BCCI on-side is about their only possible escape route.

If both were on a steadier footing, however, there might possibly be an "Asian bloc" split which, in truth, would be likely to benefit the game, both in the subcontinent and everywhere else.