• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gazzard

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Why oh why do Somerset persist in playing Carl Gazzard in the NCL games? I can't see why myself, perhaps there's a logical reason, but I can't see it. Oh well.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
I agree...

Anna, I've nothing against Gazzard but I have to say I agree. I personally think Piran Holloway needs a decent run in the one day side. Something needs trying as the likes of Bryant, Burns and Gazzard aren't doing the business in one day cricket. Neither is anyone else for that matter :(

Bazza

International 12th Man
I seem to recall Gazzard getting a quick 80 or something in one of the games? Isn't he a keeper anyway, so presumably was playing in place of Turner (didn't pay THAT much attention).

Anna

International Vice-Captain
He seems to have played in most of the games, alongside Rob Turner. Oh well.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm they are probably looking to see how he does before Rob Turner hangs up his boots and they end up panicking because they do not have a wicketkeeper......

He hasnt done that badly though, could be far worse....