• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Warne?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I heard that a young 14 year-old called Javed Badyari took 19 wickets over the weekend.
Do you think he's gonna ****ing gun it? Or do you think he'll flop?
What do you think of him?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I took 15 wickets in 3 days once too. I seem to remember being 16 at the time rather than 14, but it's close enough.

Does that make me the next Allan Donald?

Australia = The New Pakistan?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I took 3 wickets in 4 balls once, believe it or not. I also came in with 5 balls left of a match, and 18 runs to win, and we won. Does that make me the new Shahid Afridi?

I mean, come on. How the hell do you expect anyone to make a reasonable comment based on that?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah looks like he'll be a future player of the century and will take heaps of wickets regularly.:huh: :dry:

Hard to say mate since I've never seen the kid.

Burgey

Mark my words, this "Next Warne" tag will be to the 2000s what the "Next Bradman" tag was in the 50s and 60s, namely a massive blight on guys like O'Neill and Walters who got hit with it.

Edit: 8/13 in under 10s, including a hat trick. Call me SF Barnes.

Top_Cat

Matthew Bode, the on-baller who played first for Port Power then the Crows, once took 10/14 in an U/14's match. He's not playing football any more so maybe he'd like a trip to India.......

Actually he could have been a decent cricketer; opened the batting for SA U/19's.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark my words, this "Next Warne" tag will be to the 2000s what the "Next Bradman" tag was in the 50s and 60s, namely a massive blight on guys like O'Neill and Walters who got hit with it.

Edit: 8/13 in under 10s, including a hat trick. Call me SF Barnes.
I took a hattrick when I was 12...believe it or not, i'm not the next Richard Hadlee.
I took 3 wickets in 4 balls once, believe it or not. I also came in with 5 balls left of a match, and 18 runs to win, and we won. Does that make me the new Shahid Afridi?

I mean, come on. How the hell do you expect anyone to make a reasonable comment based on that?
I took 15 wickets in 3 days once too. I seem to remember being 16 at the time rather than 14, but it's close enough.

Does that make me the next Allan Donald?

Australia = The New Pakistan?
WE GET IT:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it was Gideon Haigh who said "I think we're more likely to see another Bradman than another Warne". I wouldn't necessarily agree, as Bradman's batting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warne's bowling.

But that we'll never see the like of either again is far from OOTQ.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh give it a decade or so and the "next Mendis" tag will be the most coveted one :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I took 3 wickets in 4 balls once, believe it or not. I also came in with 5 balls left of a match, and 18 runs to win, and we won.
No you didn't. :laugh:

Did you?

Or was this for The Pickup Invitational XI vs The Pickup Hand-Picked Useless XI?

Uppercut

I think it was Gideon Haigh who said "I think we're more likely to see another Bradman than another Warne". I wouldn't necessarily agree, as Bradman's batting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warne's bowling.

But that we'll never see the like of either again is far from OOTQ.
Nah, but you can see where he's coming from. There's more about Warne's bowling than just the quality of it that makes it so unique, not to mention his distinct personality and the like.

pup11

International Coach
I think Warne was a one of kind genius, and to think some youngster would just pop from nowhere and bowl like he did, is very unrealistic, Australia should think about grooming a few young spinners who could do a decent job and compliment the pace attack and lend some variety to the overall attack.

Precambrian

Banned
I think Warne was a one of kind genius, and to think some youngster would just pop from nowhere and bowl like he did, is very unrealistic, Australia should think about grooming a few young spinners who could do a decent job and compliment the pace attack and lend some variety to the overall attack.
Master at stating the bloody obvious.